Malini Egg Bag

Oct 19, 2015
Based on lots of research and suggestions from RealityOne and others on the forum I finally got my Egg Bag and 6 eggs. Now I am learning the handling and developing a routine. I also got two small pamphlets recommended to me which are perfect to get me started. I am struggling a bit with handling the egg smoothly, which is critical to doing this well. I assume it will come with more practice, but does anyone have any experience that may help me get though the basic handling techniques? Regardless, thanks to all who made suggestions and shared experiences.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
@Timewise64, I need a little more to go on since "handling the egg" is pretty much every part of the routine. I've got the Charlie Miller and Ken Brooke books and the sections in Tarbell (as well as a bunch of other routines). Let me know what you are struggling with and I'd be glad to help. Also, if you post a video (on the forums or just privately) I can give you pointers.

Reactions: Timewise64
Oct 19, 2015
@Timewise64, I need a little more to go on since "handling the egg" is pretty much every part of the routine. I've got the Charlie Miller and Ken Brooke books and the sections in Tarbell (as well as a bunch of other routines). Let me know what you are struggling with and I'd be glad to help. Also, if you post a video (on the forums or just privately) I can give you pointers.

I have the Ken Brooke and Charlie Miller brochures. I purchased these from the same place I purchased the Bag and Eggs (thanks for the recommendations).

As you know Mr. Brooks stresses learning one step at a time until you can do it without thinking. He doesn't talk specifically about how to initially place the egg properly in the bag and not giving away you are doing something...other than placing the egg in the bag.

Charlie Millers book has a more descriptive script that shows the moves to make beginning the trick with the bag properly in the bag. As I practice this, I still feel it is not smooth enough to avoid drawing attention. My question when developing these moves, so that they are smooth and natural, seems to be coming slowly....am I missing something?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I'm still a little confused as to the issue.

Ken Brooke starts with the egg in the bag before the effect begins (p.5, 2nd paragraph, 5th line). It is in the position shown in figure 2 with the bag inside out and the egg by the top hem.

Charlie Miller openly picks up the egg and drops it into the bag. Miller then reaches into the bag, grabs the egg, brings his hand up and holds the egg in the corner of the upside-down bag for the spectator to feel. You do the move in figure 7 whic is explained at the top of page six. At that point, you are in the same position as Figure 2 in the Ken Brook manuscript. The move in figure 7 really is just a curl of the fingers to get the placement right and then taking your hand out of the bag.

Ken then has a very elaborate display of the bag prior to the production of the egg. Charlie goes straight into the first vanish.

We may have to take it to PMs if we get more detailed about the gimmick and the routines. Also, it may be easier with a video or over Skype.

Oct 19, 2015
Thanks RealityOne.....I obviously need to study these books more. I was trying to learn from both routines but decided that I need to learn how to get the egg in the bag set up properly using that single finger to 'place' the egg. Let me study these routines again and maybe get back to you on PM if I have more questions.....frustrating but fun! I love all the possibilities with this trick...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results