Creating and Selling Effects

Oct 11, 2007
How do you even begin manufacturing and selling a trick once you have come up with a good method and great effect.

Selling an effect should be the last thing on your mind... heck, it shouldn't even be IN your mind. Your main goal should be to create something that you will use for years to come. Before one can market an effect he/she must test it, test it, and test it over, and over, and over.

The effects that you see on Theory11 and other sites have been tested endlessly for months, and usually, years. You can't expect to create a best selling trick in 1 night.

If your main goal is to sell your effect, then you're doing something majorly wrong.

Mitchell

Dec 7, 2007
Well there are different ways you can go about doing this. You can start your own website like someone mentioned previously, you can contact different magic sites or brick and mortar shops to see if you can sell your items or you can try and sell it yourself at different conventions or meetings. Iether way will be good. I do however agree with mitchell, you need to make sure that you test your product in real world situations and see the reactions you get. You also need to wiegh the cost of production versus the cost of selling it. Everything comes into play but if you do your research you'll find a way.

Do you have a trick you wish to sell, Im courious to see what it looks like. If you want you can PM me with a link and I can give you some feed back.

Maf

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results