Warp One - David Ren Jenkins

Dec 8, 2007
At the request of a fellow forum member, here is my review/opinion on Warp One by David Ren Jenkins. You can find this product here.

Alright, on to the review!

Facts:
Clean looking effect.
Angle Sensitive during performance.
Clear teaching.
Variations of the effect are tought as well.
Requires setup to perform.
Various angles are shown on the dvd during the teaching segments.

Opinion:
Alright, firstly, I think that this effect is one of the best I've learnt, if not the best. Although this trick is one of those where, if you flash something, you'll instantly get discovered kind of tricks, the angles are quite generous.

The teaching on this dvd is done in, if i remember correctly, what appears to be David Ren Jenkins lving room. But the teaching is solid. He goes through each step clearly, providing multiple views for you to look from. In addition to this, there are also two variations of this trick which are included (one where you restore the card, and one where you do this with a business card).

This effect cannot be done without setup, but the setup can be done impromptu. However, I would not recommend this, partially because to me, the setup is a tad too risky, and if you go into a torn and restored effect as I do after performing warp one, it would be better to have done setup prior to performing warp one.

The method of this trick is, simply put, genius. It does require a lot of work to get down, to me it definitely is not a trick where you have the luxury of thinking about what you're going to do while performing. For this, it all has to be muscle memory in order to create that smooth transition from change to change.

Final Thought: Although this trick has decent angles, it is not something that should be attempted when surrounded, people to the side of you and behind you will probably see what you're doing.

Thanks for reading this review,
Mino

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
"The method of this trick is, simply put, genius. It does require a lot of work to get down, to me it definitely is not a trick where you have the luxury of thinking about what you're going to do while performing. For this, it all has to be muscle memory in order to create that smooth transition from change to change. "

Agree 100%. This is NOT an effect that should be done the first few days after purchase. It's one that, if you're making the investment to "learn" the trick, should be held off on performing until you could literally do it while having a conversation with someone else about something totally different (I'm not recommending doing that...just making the point... :) ).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results