Swapping the top 2 cards places.

Jul 28, 2017
So I was wondering if anyone knows any useful moves for taking the top card and making it second to top without shuffling, cutting or anything. Like a minipass or something?

Just thought learning something like this would be great especially as an alternative for doing a double lift. Why not show the top card and by the time the card has been turned back over it is now 2nd from the top and no one is the wiser.

I do have a move that I kind of did by accident and I am going to work on it to see if it becomes viable but it does achieve this swapping of the 1st and 2nd most cards in an almost invisible way with minimal hand movement. But before I do a video I figured I would actually learn to utilize it properly.

Was just hoping maybe there are other moves or perhaps I didn't create / stumble onto something special but it is in fact just a standard move that I haven't heard of.

Anyway any thoughts would be appreciated! Cheers!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Top change?
Bottom palm and return on top?
Second deal but keep card in hand and then place on top?
Double lift starting face up with second card being a double backer?
Vernon Depth Illusion / Marlo Tilt

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Top change, palms to ditch or load, false deals, DL + KM Move, Bottom Change, Using reverses to your advantage, a one card pass, one card herrmann pass (which is one I use a lot) or just control it to the second straight off the bat with a tilt, bluff pass, or top card cover pass.

You can also use things like the Miracle Change, Bertram Change, or even a modified Houdini change to do it.
There are a ton.

Apr 26, 2016
I'd have to say a top change or the Marlo tilt. I love these moves, and I can't overestimate how wonderfully useful they both are.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
You've got a good list here. Reading your first description reminds me of Ed Marlo's KM move. It's a clean up for a double lift. Also, look into the use of a double backer to replace a double turn over.

Reactions: RealityOne
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
You've got a good list here. Reading your first description reminds me of Ed Marlo's KM move. It's a clean up for a double lift. Also, look into the use of a double backer to replace a double turn over.
I agree, the KM move is super simple, and works as an easy switch.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I was thinking about this last night and remembered that Orbit Brown's Venus Fly Trap is a great replacement for the double lift.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results