Moderators Wanted - Applications Open Now!

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Hey everyone!

Every once in a while we have to shake things up in the forums! Today, that time has come again.

Josh Burch, one of our most active forum moderators, is stepping down. He has been extremely helpful in this position for nearly the last three years. The forums are a much better place as a result of his efforts here. Before anything else, I'd like to thank him for being such a big help, and for being just an all-around cool guy. Josh will still be around in the forums, but won't be fulfilling moderator duties. Please join me in giving Josh a huge THANK YOU for all the work he has done.

That said, with Josh's departure, it's time for some new moderators to fill his shoes! We are looking for 2-3 new volunteer forum moderators, and YOU are being given the first consideration!

What do moderators do? Here are a few key points:

- Browse the forums! Seriously, simply being active in the forums is a big part of this.
- Take care of spam. Bots are always a problem, and you have all seen bot spam here. Our system catches most of it automatically, but some gets through. Moderators have the ability to take care of it when they find it.
- Enforce forum rules. Moderators are responsible for knowing all of our forum rules, and for stepping in when one is broken. They have limited ability to issue warnings or other temporary punishments, but if a major punishment is needed they can reach out to a forum Admin (like me!) to take care of it.
- Clean the moderation queue. Sometimes our forum software doesn't know the difference between posts by new forum members and spam. Sometimes forum members report spam or other rule violations. These all go to a queue where moderators and admins can see them, and moderators help resolve these issues.
- Be helpful. Perhaps the single most important part of being a forum moderator. If a member has a question, answer it! If you don't have an answer, try to find someone who does. If there is an order question, send the member to theory11 support. If someone seems to feel unwelcome, step in and be a friend. Encourage helpful and productive conversations. If a topic is starting to go toxic, try to intervene. If that doesn't work, close the topic.

Have what it takes? Visit the link below to apply. Forum moderation experience, magic and cardistry experience, and theory11 tenure are all big pluses. Much of what we will consider is how we have seen you interact in our forums in the past.

One note: Our new moderators will earn 10k Elite Points and a few golden goodies as a way to say congratulations! Instant Elite Membership for some of our most important community members.

Applications are open for the rest of this week, and which point we will close them and make our decisions early next week.

Good luck!

Applications Closed.

// L

Last edited:

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Thank you Josh. You are one of the most insightful, respectable members we have. Hope to see you around still. Don't feel bad for stepping away at all. I had to do this myself to handle some family issues and once all was well, I was welcomed back with open arms.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Josh, I can still never thank you enough for your kind presence on this forum and the help you have given me in the past. Take care, my friend!

It sounds like I'm seeing you off to war or something when really you're still going to be around sans the Moderator badge lol

MikeK1

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2015
Thanks Josh! I’ve seen you throughout the forums and have seen your great advice and helpfulness. We all couldn’t have asked for a better moderator! I have no doubt that the moderators in the coming future will for sure follow in your footsteps. Thanks for all your work!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results