Performing Questions

Sep 29, 2014
First of all thanks for taking the time and stopping by...I have two questions about performing. The first is I am about to do a show where I will be doing closeup before and after the show and I was wondering what is the first thing you should say when approaching people to show them a trick? Secondly I am doing my first kids show and was wondering what to charge for something like that.

Thanks so much for your help and have a great day.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I have a few opening lines when I approach tables:

"Hi, is everyone enjoying themselves tonight? (Proceed to open flaming wallet) My name is Rick Everhart and I'm doing a little bit of entertainment for the guests this evening. Would you all like to see some close up magic?" And then I take out a mismade bill/Quadflex bill and go right into my opener.

18 years ago for my very first kids show I only charged $50.00 because I had no idea what I was doing, but all I knew is I had my props and effects and wanted to make money. Now I charge close to $150.00 for a 35 minute kids' show.

How many kids are going to be present/attending?

Sep 29, 2014
I have a few opening lines when I approach tables:

"Hi, is everyone enjoying themselves tonight? (Proceed to open flaming wallet) My name is Rick Everhart and I'm doing a little bit of entertainment for the guests this evening. Would you all like to see some close up magic?" And then I take out a mismade bill/Quadflex bill and go right into my opener.

18 years ago for my very first kids show I only charged $50.00 because I had no idea what I was doing, but all I knew is I had my props and effects and wanted to make money. Now I charge close to $150.00 for a 35 minute kids' show.

How many kids are going to be present/attending?
I'm not so sure how many will be attending but I will find that out in a little while. Also thanks for your time

Reactions: RickEverhart
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results