About the Red Monarchs

Aug 16, 2018
I have recentlly bought a new pack of Red Monarchs, but I am having a small issue woth them. Whenever i try to put all the cards(including those 2 the one with the theory 11 logo and the one with the backside printed on both faces) back into its respective case it gets really hard and i have to apply a lot of pressure. To get them out afterwards is even worse. I have seen a lot of reviews on this cards, and whenever the part came when the cards would be pulled out from the deck, they came out smoothly. I have seen the tuck case shifting a bit to the left when the cards are placed inside. I know it is a dumb quesrion but i have tried everything, straightenig the cards out, the tuck case etc. Any help?

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I have recentlly bought a new pack of Red Monarchs, but I am having a small issue woth them. Whenever i try to put all the cards(including those 2 the one with the theory 11 logo and the one with the backside printed on both faces) back into its respective case it gets really hard and i have to apply a lot of pressure. To get them out afterwards is even worse. I have seen a lot of reviews on this cards, and whenever the part came when the cards would be pulled out from the deck, they came out smoothly. I have seen the tuck case shifting a bit to the left when the cards are placed inside. I know it is a dumb quesrion but i have tried everything, straightenig the cards out, the tuck case etc. Any help?

Posted on @OveRide 's thread too.

If you take care of a deck, there are only two things that will likely ruin it in the long term - dirt/oil from your hands, and humidity. If your deck ends up dirty or oily, it will be permanently changed for the worse. There are a few things you can do to make it "better", but it will never be the same once it gets gross. Washing your hands is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL if you have oily skin, if your hands sweat, or if your hands get dirty.

If your deck gets humid, the cards absorb moisture from the air and your hands. Cards are made of paper, and paper + water = bad. Humidity will make cards sticky and soft. This is not what you want at all. The good thing about humidity is that the damage is usually not permanent. Set a deck that is sticky from humidity in a cool, dry place for a while (a few days to a few weeks). If you have a heavy, flat object like a textbook, you can set that on the deck to help prevent warping as the deck drys out. After the deck has dried out, and after you give it a couple shuffles, it will be back to good shape. If it gets soft or sticky again? Repeat the process.

If you have issues getting the cards in and out of the box, this is a clear sign that your cards are humid and have swollen slightly. Remove the ad cards and put the rest back into the box. Removing those cards will help make room for the more important cards in the deck.

// L

Aug 16, 2018
Posted on @OveRide 's thread too.

If you take care of a deck, there are only two things that will likely ruin it in the long term - dirt/oil from your hands, and humidity. If your deck ends up dirty or oily, it will be permanently changed for the worse. There are a few things you can do to make it "better", but it will never be the same once it gets gross. Washing your hands is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL if you have oily skin, if your hands sweat, or if your hands get dirty.

If your deck gets humid, the cards absorb moisture from the air and your hands. Cards are made of paper, and paper + water = bad. Humidity will make cards sticky and soft. This is not what you want at all. The good thing about humidity is that the damage is usually not permanent. Set a deck that is sticky from humidity in a cool, dry place for a while (a few days to a few weeks). If you have a heavy, flat object like a textbook, you can set that on the deck to help prevent warping as the deck drys out. After the deck has dried out, and after you give it a couple shuffles, it will be back to good shape. If it gets soft or sticky again? Repeat the process.

If you have issues getting the cards in and out of the box, this is a clear sign that your cards are humid and have swollen slightly. Remove the ad cards and put the rest back into the box. Removing those cards will help make room for the more important cards in the deck.

// L
I am very grateful for youtlr response and i am going to take into consideration all the tips you gave me! But about the cards being hard to take out of the box.....when i first got the pack and when opened the seal, i still had a few issues taking the cards out. I dont see any damage to the cards, they do not stick to eachother(which i am happy for :) ) but i had a "tragedy" with the ad card where out of my own clumsiness it got a bit dirty on one edge but i successfuly removed the stain by rubbing the card with a dried out wet towel. I really hope this was just a fabrication mistake.....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results