Shell coins

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
i think with my money i am going to buy a shell coin set from coingaffs.com
i wanted to know if anyone knows of a good dvd on magic with shell coins. i thought coin man walking was but im still not sure

Coin Man Walking seems to be a very good DVD but some of the routines use a Flipper instead of just a shell.

The Worlds Greatest Magic series has a DVD just on the coin shell and toooons of routines for it. Find It Here

Also Dean Dill has several DVD's utilizing this gimmick and Daniel Garcia has a wondeful routine on his Daniel Garcia Project Volume 1 (one of my all-time favorite DVD's and coin routines).

May I suggest going with Todd Lassen instead of Schoolcraft? I was dead set on Jamie until I found Todd's website. He has much more options and is only a bit more expensive... I highly suggest checking him out. www.toddlassen.com

Any more questions just ask :D

Sharp

Sep 15, 2007
David Roth has a great DVd on the Shell coin and it's uses.
It is very well taught and David has a great way to impart his knowledge.
Chris Korn also has some great material on the shell coin routines he does. and many of those routines are based on the work of Troy Hoosier.
Troy's DVD's will teach you how to handle the shell ina naturla mannor and in a less traditional mannor than David's DVD's do.

I saw the coinman walking DVd and thought the routines were ok but I have yet to do any of them for an audience. I can't explain why exactly but Chris Korn and Troy's material is more my style i guess.
Perhaps one of the best DVD's for showing an awesome use of the shell is Coinone by Homer Liwag. His handling is very very natural as well and the routine really get's gasps.

About the shells themselves: I have Johnson shells, Schoolcraft shells and Lassen shells. I use the Johonson Morgan and Eisenhower dollar shells and they have served me well in the last 12-15 years or so. The schoolcraft shell sounds a bit tinn like but when used properly it works great. The lassen shell is good I tend not to use it as much though.
My advice is to order a shell your going to learn with and then get a top of the line one so that if you bend, drop or otherwise mutilate it, you won't feel as bad.
The Lassen and Johnson shells have the least distortion of the face of the shell. It is so good that I forget which one is the shell if I leave it on my close-up practice table.
Later,
Snorri

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
ok i have a cheap shell set for practice. also with about 130 dollars, could i get a decent shell set (walking liberties are prefered), a decent flipper and a dvd (roths or coin man walking)

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
Well with $130 you can either get a shell set OR a flipper set
not both....
if you're investing in one try not to go for the cheap stuff
get one thats good and take care of it, it'll serve you well.
My best bet would be a Lassen Craft one...but I think a Kueppers or a Schoolcraft would be the bare minimum you should work with.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
lassen is very expensive. i would have to go with the cheapest of the 3, schoolcraft. i dont know if i should get a barber set or a walking liberty set.

Aug 31, 2007
I have a set of Barbers and I love them. My only beef was the shell is a tad distorted, but no one notices. I got mine from Jamie, he has excellent service.

Chris M.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results