Performance - Just 20 minutes ago

trebmalrolyat

Banned
Sep 2, 2007
ok.. I was walking today.. and saw a small group of kids, one was about age 4, and the other two were about 8. so i walked up to them.. and asked " wanna see some magic". they replied: "ok", "ahh, seweet!", and "sure".

I started with an ACR, but flash at first doing the top change, to make them feel at advantage. one kid (8 year old) immediately heckled me after the reveal. I said"ok, you think that's what i did". so i went for the 1for1 switch, and did the outjogged hermann shift, they were amazed. after that, I went into Stigmata (thanks Wayne). That was the closest thing to real magic, that I've tried on a live audience.. classic force. turned my back. let the games begin. i had the 4 year old rub my arm, then he saw it start coming into focus. he screamed, and was just like "OMGWTFBBQROFL". then the other kids were the same. then i shut up for about a minute to build up the reaction..it felt good. after that, i went into Ed Marlo's Miracle Switch (an inpromtu Here Then There) and i had the kid steop on my tallys (good thing they were used, and not my good deck :p) so i went on that he had the 7S, and i still had the 4C. i rubbed his foot, and said "your card penetrated all the way throught you shoe" he was like."no it didnt". i asked him to lift his foot, then he was like "now i have the 4." he wasnt very suprised at first, but the others were. then he started to laugh. then for my closer, i went into. Impromt Card at Any Number (basically, spectator picks a card, then you lose[it in the pack *wink**wink*, and have them call out any number between 5 and 40, in this case, he named 32. ) I asked him to hold both hands out, as i counted off 31 cards. then i dealt the 32nd. i asked them what it was, the replied"king of diamonds". me:"really", "because look, you did the magic all by yourself!" then they all started screaming, and the little guy even said that i should be on channel 49, whatever that means, but it must be good. but everyone of them was just like OMG. after that. as i started to walk away, they kept yelling to me "i liked your performance", THANKS", "your the best magician ever".

It made me feel good on the inside, and i just told them"tell all of your freinds"lol. but i lastly told them that "you can do, and become anything you want to be. just believe in yourself".

Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
Wow, you won the "you are the best magician" awards =] ahha and nice ending with "you can do anything, just believe in yourself." Keep on performing dude, I know you'll be very good.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Do not do this EVER again. Do us all fellow magicians a favor and help us keep some secrets please.

This made me laugh, first of all I expect we are all magicians. A top change at the beggining of his ACR does not expose any routine being sold. A laymen wouldn't know what a top change was. You are trying to start something, please don't.

Thats awesome Zach, Glad to hear you had a great performance. One tip, be careful doing cards for a kid as young as 4, they most likely have no clue what cards are.

and Mattlee, pick your fights better.

Sep 1, 2007
Nice story. Haha, am I the only one who thought that the channel 49 part was hilarious?

Kid: "Whoa!! You should be on channel 49!

Trebmalrolyat: (????????) "Thanks....."

Well I thought it was funny.

Oct 17, 2007
SG
This made me laugh, first of all I expect we are all magicians. A top change at the beggining of his ACR does not expose any routine being sold. A laymen wouldn't know what a top change was. You are trying to start something, please don't.

Thats awesome Zach, Glad to hear you had a great performance. One tip, be careful doing cards for a kid as young as 4, they most likely have no clue what cards are.

and Mattlee, pick your fights better.

I'm honestly not trying to pick a fight. Perhaps I could have worded it less offensively, and for that I apologize. Looking at my post, I realize I must have come off as a huge jerk.

Sorry for that.

Still isn't it wrong to expose a sleight, no matter how 'trivial' just to 'gain an advantage'? What advantage exactly do you gain?

How about I begin a coin routine by flashing the french drop? That makes about as much sense to me.

Oct 18, 2007
I'm honestly not trying to pick a fight. Perhaps I could have worded it less offensively, and for that I apologize. Looking at my post, I realize I must have come off as a huge jerk.

Sorry for that.

Still isn't it wrong to expose a sleight, no matter how 'trivial' just to 'gain an advantage'? What advantage exactly do you gain?

How about I begin a coin routine by flashing the french drop? That makes about as much sense to me.

It's not like he's breaking down the move for them, he flashed. How is it any worse than a slip up?

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
He didn't expose a sleight, I could explain exactly how to do a top change. That would be considered exposing. But saying he did, and got caught does not hurt anybody.

He didn't telll them "Ok is this your card, ok watch, top change, now I stik it the middle." which probably wouldn't have made any difference.

I certainly hope nobody begins a coin routine with a french drop, a move a bout every kid who opened a magic book knows.

Oct 6, 2007
The point of the flash is to make the spectator feel that he/she knows all the sleights. When the spec. thinks that he/she knows everything the magician is doing, the magician can shows some really good stuff and blow the spectator away.

trebmalrolyat

Banned
Sep 2, 2007
The point of the flash is to make the spectator feel that he/she knows all the sleights. When the spec. thinks that he/she knows everything the magician is doing, the magician can shows some really good stuff and blow the spectator away.

correct!, thats exactlywhat/why i did it

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results