Video editing Software

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I'm sorry guys, I know it's not magic related, but it's for magic videos.

I want to know what's a good video editing software that I can get for $100 or lower. I want to be able to do special effects for my videos and I don't think I can download one for free. I know members here have to know what software would be good to use. What do you think about Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8?

Thanks.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Thanks guys!
I downloaded the Vegas platinum 8. It's pretty good, but really confusing.
Maybe after the first couple of days, I'll figure out how to do some cool stuff with it.

Thanks again,
-DannyT

Mar 25, 2008
If you can find a copy of Avid Free DV somewhere, you might want to check that out. They just stopped publishing it, but I'm sure there are copies floating around the internet somewhere. I edit on Avid Xpress Pro (a much higher-end version), but the Free DV is a very solid program, although somewhat limited.

You might also want to check out Jahshaka. It's a free open-source video editing program that works pretty well.

If you have any other video editing questions, feel free to send me a message.

- Redstreak

Mar 22, 2008
New York
I do quite a bit of video editing and there's a few things you should be aware of. The first thing is how advanced with computer editing software are you? Programs like Avid or Sony Vegas will take quite some time to become fluent in. Personally, I would recommend Premiere Elements for beginning/novice users. Its still a little tricky for a beginner but isn't to difficult to learn. It also has many features not available in programs such as Windows Movie Maker. Also, Premiere Elements should cost under $100

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I did the free trial one for Vegas Platinum 8, but I have good news!
My friend has a copy of it and will let me borrow it to download. I should be getting it tomorrow.

Sep 25, 2007
www.myspace.com
Sony and Adobe

I own Sony Plat. 8, but also have Adobe Premiere Elements 4 which i find much more easier to use, its a lot more straight forward, it filsl all the need you want.
The major different is its layout

loads more simple to use, user friendly i suppose give that one a try

Sony one is good but more for the advanced editing people, i been editing for a while now few years and still prefer element to vegas

have fun

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
With the vegas pro editor, how do you upload videos to youtube or myspace.
It says that it can't upload with this format.
Anybody out there that would like to help me?

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Windows Movie Maker 2.0 is great! Go to google, and just type in "windows movie maker 2.0, and you can download it for free.:)

Yeahh, I just downloaded that, and it didn't do anything for me.
Nothing to open and play with at all.
Not sure what went wrong.

Also: I'm still looking for help on how to put videos from Sony Vegas to youtube or myspace. It says it cannot play the format type. Any help would be great.

What format are you videos being saved as? If you dont know already save it as a format that is accepted by youtube. You should save the video to your computer when your done editing then simply upload it to the site of your choosing.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
What format are you videos being saved as? If you dont know already save it as a format that is accepted by youtube. You should save the video to your computer when your done editing then simply upload it to the site of your choosing.

It's saving as (.veg)
Youtube doesn't use this file and I can't save it to any other files.
Anybody know how to convert it or something?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results