One handed revolution tip

Mar 6, 2008
I've been experimenting with the one handed revolution cut on the trilogy series.
The hardest point doing the one handed revolution cut (not the rev. erdnase) according to the trilogy I think is when you push the lower packet up with the ringfinger to get a grip on the top packet with the ring and first finger. I think it is easier to clip the top packet if you, instead of pushing the bottom packet up with your ring finger (as in the charlier), move the ring finger round and to the back short edge of the lower packet. push it forward and then clip and revolve the top packet. I think I explaint it better know. Let me hear what you think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 28, 2007
which one are you talking about the original one handed or the brian tudor one handed because the original you use your ring finger to push up the lower packet to clip the top packet with you ring and middle. brian tudors you kind of like whip it around

Mar 6, 2008
The hardest point doing the one handed revolution cut (not the rev. erdnase) according to the trilogy I think is when you push the lower packet up with the ringfinger to get a grip on the top packet with the ring and fore finger. I think it is easier to clip the top packet if you, instead of pushing the bottom packet up with your ring finger (as in the charlier), move the ring finger round and to the back short edge of the lower packet. push it forward and then clip and revolve the top packet. I think I explaint it better know.

Apr 4, 2008
First of all, i will like to say Hello to everyone here. I'm a new cardistry.

I wanted to mention that, i really understand what "username" is trying to bring up.

One hand revolutions, for me, it's consisted of few steps.

i) Open the Cut
ii) Move your ring finger to re-position the lower decks (Forward the bottom deck to the front or maybe towards the thumbs?)
iii) Rotate using thumb and first finger.
iv) Open your middle finger.
v) Re-rotate again using first finger and ring finger.
vi) While doing the step "v", move your thumb to the TOP LEFT corner of the bottom deck, press the corner and make the bottom deck move up. So it will be perpendicular with the deck you're rotating.
vii) Move the deck you're rotating towards the deck your thumb is pressing. Then release your thumbs, That's!

The one hand revolution is completed.

Hope this information can really help the one who are still learning the one hand revolution.

Mar 6, 2008
Well Farrell, if you've actually read my damn post, you probably would've understand that i wasn't asking for help about the cut, but giving a tip about it.

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
i learned the revolution from tudor and
i spin the top packet almost perpendicular to the bottom pack with just my thumb and index finger
while the ring finger curls on top of the bottom packet
then i extend the ring finger and replace my thumb with it
i dont understand what youre talking about with the pushing

Mar 6, 2008
Have you seen the explaination of the cut in the trilogy you should know what i mean by pushing the bottom packet up with the ringfinger (as in the charlier).

Sep 22, 2007
you are doing the brian tudor rev.

There is only 1 'One handed revolution', and it's by Brian Tudor.

Dan and Dave use Brian Tudor's Revolution cut in their cuts.

Hope this clears things up :)

-Leon

Nov 3, 2007
Kyrgyzstan
REv cut was 2nd cut wich I've learned. :)
It was hard for me to do it like Brian Tudor and firstly I did Charlier cut and then I pivoted pack first finger and ring finger :)

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
tudor has GIANT hands
its always unsettling how they dwarf the deck
he could easily be using 2 decks at the same time
or maybe even jumbo cards

Mar 2, 2008
Philippines
I have my own way of doing 1 hand revo and the reason for that is because I can't do the revo of Tudor.. But almost the same.. I will not explain everything.. I will make a video of my version of revo..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results