Where to perform?

Dec 22, 2007
hey babes. so i wanna go perform to people, but i have no where to go.

my city is so boring. people dont walk around, they just drive, and its all suburbs.

theres a few plazas near me, but people are busy there, so i feel that i shouldnt bother them. ive been practicing alot and its really frustarting that i havent performed in 2 months already.

i feel like im wasting my time with magic.

any ideas where i could perform?

Oct 28, 2007
I really hope you are a woman:p

get a job at a resturant and preform for customers or preform near a magic shop becuase i mean they are going to the magic shop for entertainment right

Sep 1, 2007
Boring city? Why, you must live in Atlanta, a city with buildings constructed by aliens and roads constructed by three-year-old urban planners.

Try a mall, a park, or see if your school is having any fund-raisers and volunteer your services there, strolling.

Nov 25, 2007
If you don't mind me asking how old are you? I'm 14 and perform at hotels, restaurants etc and charge £15 an hour, it's probably really frustrating for you but just walk around on the streets and wait till someone walks past the chances are someone WILL want to see some magic.

Jan 11, 2008
New york
theres a few plazas near me, but people are busy there, so i feel that i shouldnt bother them.

you can stop a busy person any time. if you can make a busy person stop and look at what strange thing you may be doing,then you know your getting good.

I know this is a card forum but for me I would work up to cards for the busy, the wana see a card trick thing for the busy....i dont know.
Walk near a table at the food court and pick up a __________ and ask them did someone drop this?.....do you know what this is? i think its a ________. and do a trick with it.

the blake could be anything but money. you want them to say no.
A Voo Doo doll (the one that stands up in your hand)
A coin Purse with coin inside.I know thats money but if they say yes ask them then whats in it?
A nappkin
A small knife that can change color
A key

Oct 28, 2007
no way! i'm 14 too :)

but yeah school is not that great of a place to preform with kids now and days they have the shortest attention span and about every single one of them are hecklers, though it will build your crowd control skills you will not get the reactions you are looking for.

And as for the mall it is also pretty bad place to preform because it is hard to get attention it is really loud and your angles are really bad because they like to circle you. but if you do something that is angle proof then go with it, but it will be frustrating (spell check) sometimes.

If you can't preform in a resturant preform outside of it i'm sure some people would like to see something before or after they eat.

p.s you are not aloud cards? what that is ridiculous, sneak some cards and preform during lunch :)

Oct 17, 2007
I'm 14, too.

Work at resturants, kid shows, malls, street magic, family, friends, etc. Get out into the world...

If you can't do cards, do coin tricks, money tricks....sponge balls! The main idea is to entertain them..so do so.

Mar 26, 2008
Around
Hey, I am in Iraq and I have done 4 shows, it is 120 degrees out here and I walk around at least once a week and perform for people. Don't worry about people being busy if they do not have time or don't want to see it they will tell you.

They are right if you want to do it you will find a way. Don't get down, keep working on your stuff and the opportunity will present it self.

The best advice that I have read here though, is to learn other types of magic/. Cups and Balls, coins, mind reading, Your choices are endless.

One option is to see if your school will offer you a chance to perform, I bet if you talked to your drama teacher or music teacher they could help schedule you to perform at football games, dances, fund raisers or even a PTA/school board meeting.

Just keep plugging away it will come to you.

Joe

Sep 2, 2007
If you don't mind me asking how old are you? I'm 14 and perform at hotels, restaurants etc and charge £15 an hour, it's probably really frustrating for you but just walk around on the streets and wait till someone walks past the chances are someone WILL want to see some magic.

You must be pretty freak'in good then. How long have you been performing?

hey filth, ride a bike to a park or something, a bike is good transportation to get to where you need to go, i rose like 5 miles on my bike just to perform 3 tricks for people on the streets, i mean it takes some work but it all pays off afterwords, hopefully...

Oct 8, 2007
I find it really odd that there are no people around for you to perform for. I mean, literally anyone can be a spectator. That means anywhere there are people, there are spectators for you to show some magic to. "Hot spots" would obviously be malls, parks, magic shops, schools, and anywhere people hang out.

It can't be that hard to find a single person, can it?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results