1-on-1 Disappointments?

Apr 27, 2008
I have been purchasing from T11 a few months after they had shown up. I got a few items and I had somewhat converted to more of the mentalism tricks that I had been watching. This is not bashing T11 at all, just keep reading.

I loved everything I had bought except for maybe distortion but that's just imo. I was loving the cards and everything and bought a few 1 on 1's but the problem is that they are so heavily focused on cards and coins. This is where most magicians make their home is in cards but I have settled elsewhere.

With the new Jason England's 1 on 1's it means that some of the people waiting for something that has any relation to mentalism must wait even longer. Again not bashing on anybody because T11 has the best videos, best teachers, and some of the best tricks but they just don't relate to what I do. I have gained some new tricks from the forums such as Dee Christopher's stuff like Cold and Silhouette.

So I guess what I am trying to say is when will there be something I can use from this website for my style. I am not trying to be selfish because I know some people feel the same way and really would like something very neat from T11. I love nearly everything from T11 but I haven't bought a trick from them in awhile and I really would like to pickup something from this amazing website again. Thanks and all respectful comments are welcomed.

Sep 30, 2008
Like you said, most magicians make their homes in cards and coins. It would probably not be in T11's best interest to release something not very many magicians are into now a days. Also, they'd have to get some mentalism artists. Max Maven would not ever do this, and Luke Jermay is already with penguin. It's slim pickin's w/o those two, and Derren Brown would not likely do T11 either. So you're stuck. So sorry.

Oct 23, 2007
well if i where in charge of the world like chuck norris i would never let card tricks be taught, you know for all the little kids can mess them up on youtube. so yea it would be all stuff with ice cubes.

Oct 24, 2008
Savannah, GA
Like you said, most magicians make their homes in cards and coins. It would probably not be in T11's best interest to release something not very many magicians are into now a days. Also, they'd have to get some mentalism artists. Max Maven would not ever do this, and Luke Jermay is already with penguin. It's slim pickin's w/o those two, and Derren Brown would not likely do T11 either. So you're stuck. So sorry.

Those aren't the only mentalists, you know. There's no reason they can't find some super cool hip underground mentalist to join the crew. Half of the artists currently, I'd never even heard of before here. They need not grab the top performers in the field, just a well-rounded practitioner to teach a few tricks: center tears, one-ahead principles, billet finesses, etc.

Some people have said they'd like to see mentalism, or even a few other things. Really, it's up to T11's discretion whether or not they fish the forums for ideas. Right now, they seem to be going pretty well and have their own plans - and if ain't broke, don't fix it - so, we'll see.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Theory11 is focused more on the tactile, visual style of magic which is evident in the initial releases of the site, namely "Panic!" and "Distortion". They swayed somewhat to the mentalism side with "Control" but brought it back to the ultra-visual with "Believe". This is reflected in the 1-on1's as well with effects such as "Schwing!" and "ThreeFry". There may be a few more mentalism related products from Theory11 soon but expect most of them to be visual magic with cards, coins, etc.

Apr 27, 2008
Would Dee C. mind joining the team? Now that would be great and pretty sweet. I do see what you mean by the visual cards/coins, but sometime in the future I really hope they branch out and teach some sweet stuff.

Maybe release a 1 on 1 teaching how to mark cards with some cool stuff, Dan Hauss could teach it and show you how using a gatorade cap, sharpie, and some batteries for the ultimate at home gimmick. Could help out a lot of tricks and even though I have Boris Wild's Marked Deck I am still trying to find a way to come up with my own.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results