2 questions

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
Hey there,

I am looking for 2 things:

1. For my Song Prediction I use a little music box. In the restaurant this is okay however on stage this is too silent. I need something louder. I tried to create a resonance body for the music box but the volume is still too low for a 100 people +. What could you suggest? Something louder than a music box but with the same charme. Something old. Not an electronic device because the effect relies on the fact that you cant change the song in the music box.

2. I am looking for an alternative for the Deluxe Nest of Wallets. This works fine in the restaurant but doesn't work fine on stage. I am looking for a set of nested boxes. The presentation is making a lucky penny. So in some sense could I build myself a nest of present boxes? Where could I find a building plan? Or is there a normal set of nested boxes on the market?

Thank you for your help.

Philipp

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Choose a different trick to do until you can afford a proper mic.

What song does the music box play? I'm thinking the only louder options you're going to get are going to be more expensive than getting a mic (Particularly since they are often antiques and microphones can actually be found pretty cheap)

When doing acoustic things the only way to get more volume is to amplify it or get a bigger instrument. There's some tricks you can do - such as cones or whatever to direct the sound in a single direction - but there's not much you can do with no budget.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Do a Google search for "used records in Germany." I think there is a lot of opportunity to find some interesting old records. Also, ask your parents if they have any old records -- they probably have a lot of them. That would make for interesting presentation.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results