AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
What a scam, look how much more this site is charging for Guardians

http://www.vanishingrabbit.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=9436

$4.04 more.... thats all I can say...

Brian ^_^

It is a business. The owner, has to pay for a shop for all of us to hang out at and along side that, he has to pay utilities for the shop and money to keep his site running. Also, he has to earn money because this is his main point of income.

I suggest you re-think what you say!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 22, 2007
The fact that the guardians are being sold for twice as much overshadows the fact that this is a little part of his income. Nobody would pay twice as much for an item just because the guy selling "needs to put food on the table".

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The fact that the guardians are being sold for twice as much overshadows the fact that this is a little part of his income. Nobody would pay twice as much for an item just because the guy selling "needs to put food on the table".

I think you should really rethink your response and look at this at a business perspective.

To print cards, it costs about 2 bucks I would say, don't hold me against it.

Theory11 sells the cards for $4.95

The Vanishing rabbit sells the cards for $8.99.

So what is the difference if theory11 sells it for double then they are actually worth or if The Vanishing Rabbit sells them for double they are worth on t11....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Here's an easy answer to your problem, don't buy from there. Not everyone has their own credit card (or in your case, your parents, obviously) to order items online. Magic shops are and always will be more expensive due to the sole fact that it costs more to manage staff, utilities and rent expenses than it does to stock up a warehouse. Almost any item you look to buy will be significantly higher in a magic shop than it will be online. This is one of the main reasons local magic shops are becoming less and less common.

Useless topics like these are starting to deter my visits to this site.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Here's an easy answer to your problem, don't buy from there. Not everyone has their own credit card (or in your case, your parents, obviously) to order items online. Magic shops are and always will be more expensive due to the sole fact that it costs more to manage staff, utilities and rent expenses than it does to stock up a warehouse. Almost any item you look to buy will be significantly higher in a magic shop than it will be online. This is one of the main reasons local magic shops are becoming less and less common.

Useless topics like these are starting to deter my visits to this site.

Amen to that!

Also consider the following:

-GST
-Shipping
-Dollar exchange, the recent ups and downs

guy

Sep 1, 2007
tampa fl
www.myspace.com
What the hell does that have to do with anything?
Im not complaining...?
Or am I?

we pay about 2bucks for a regular deck of bikes in the usa

he pays about 9 bucks for a regualar deck of bikes where he lives

you whine that an online magic site charges 4bucks more for guardian bikes when you can just buy them on theory 11 at regular price

so his response has everything to do with what your saying.......in other words, what im getting at here is your complaining

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Man, I saw the guardians for the first time and I seriously think they get the ugliest card i've ever seen. The black/grey backs look like a print job gone bad.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
You guys also have to think that if you bought only one deck, it would be cheaper to buy from the shop than here... simply because of shipping. But if you bought more than one deck, it's be best to buy them from here.

Nov 8, 2007
I think the best part isn't that they want $4.04 more for Guardians but that they want $19.99 for some Ellusionist dogtags. Now that's funny stuff.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
As an employee of the magic shop in question (The Vanishing Rabbit Magic Shop), I feel the need to respond here.

Our cards are $8.99 (Canadian dollars) because we're in Canada and it reflects the cost of Duty, Canadian Goods and Services Tax, and Custom Brokerage charges.

If shipping were less, our cards would be less- we're not out to scam anyone.

If you live in Canada, and feel you can order magic, cards, or other magic items ONLINE from other dealers for cheaper, fine. Do so. But be prepared to pay the GST charges, Brokerage charges, Shipping, etc. yourself.

We're a brick-and-mortar magic shop, and that still MEANS something to the customers who can actually still come into our shop and get help, ask questions, and get items they want NOW, without waiting for shipping.

Everything we sell comes with support; if you can't do it, we won't sell it. We'll teach it to you personally if you don't understand the instructions. What online shop can offer you that with EVERY PURCHASE you make?

Regardless, you pay more at a brick-and-mortar shop, for the above reasons, and for things like RENT, PARKING SPACE, heating and electricity, etc.

If you STILL think our prices are too high, that's your choice. But I think the fact that we're getting positive feedback from the large majority of our customers (first-timers and regulars), shows that we're doing good things here, and we're going to continue to do so, with or without your sale.

Scott.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results