4 More on Floor or 5Speed

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
For those of you who know both 5 Speed (TOoC/1on1) and More Four on the Floor (Full Metal Jacket), which do you think is the better trick?

The problem is they both have valid pros and cons.

5Speed requires a gimmick, even though i know a version without one. It seems like a more elaborate and fun routine to do.

More4 is a little easier and can include a greater climax if the spectator chooses well enough.

I have tried testing both out on specs but they are very similar therefore reactions are always different since i'm performing to different people.

My question is: which one is better?

Apr 28, 2008
They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I would say 5 Speed is slightly better as I think the sequence before you reveal the selection makes a bit more sense. There doesn't seem to be any motivation for turning the cards face up then face down then face up again before you reveal the selection in 4 on the floor.

Also, 4 on the floor can leave you in quite an awkward situation if the spectators choose the wrong card and you have to do a magicians force.

Although I would probably still perform Four on the floor if I didn't have the 5 Speed gimmick with me.

Apr 28, 2008
One day you will learn that it's not what you do, it's how you do it.

-PTG

This isn't entirely true in my opinion. While presentation is incredibly important some tricks are simply better than others. Obviously a poor performer would get a worse reaction with 5 Speed than a good performer with 4 on the floor.

Assuming that the performances are equal I think 5 Speed is a more logical and impressive effect that doesn't leave you in a potentially awkward situation if the spectator doesn't do what you expect them to.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
One day you will learn that it's not what you do, it's how you do it.

-PTG

I perform both flawlessly... :p

Really though, they are both so similar that i just don't know which to use. Probably go with 5Speed since it doesn't involve a p. force.

Cheers for the input guys

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results