40 Ways to Force a Card Part I

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
40 Ways to Force a Card with Gerry Griffin

The Official Spam-

Every card worker must have a good set of forces in his arsenal to be ready for every situation.

If you just master 5 or 10 of the forces on this DVD you will be more than qualified to start performing some amazing card effects. This DVD is invaluable to any card worker who needs to improve his forcing techniques and learn some new ones.

Here's what you'll learn: Overhand Shuffle Force, Hindu Shuffle Force, Hindu Shuffle Force II, Riffle Force, Hints, 10 to 20 Force, Glide Force, Glide Force II, The Toss Force, Toss & Spread Force, Helpful Hint, Slip Force, Slip Force Variation, Cross Cut Force, Why Use A Force?, Hofzinser Force, Hofzinser Force Hint, Dribble Force, Just Say When Force, Face Up Hindu Force, Roll Over Half Force, Classic Force, Bridging The Deck Force, Helpful Hint, Hot Rod Force, Two Marked Cards Force, Behind The Back Force, Short Card Force, Peeking -A- Card, Spectator Number Force, Hidden Force, Card Hint, Cut Deeper Force, Ed Balducci's Cut Deeper Force, Bluff Force, Future Predictions, Pinky Riffle Force, Multi Cut Force, Gimmick Card Force, Gimmick Card Force Extras, Gimmick Card Force w/Money

The DVD-

The Layout-

I liked the layout of this DVD. Basically, it showed each force, then went into a very in depth teaching of the force.

The Quality-

The quality of this DVD was actually very good. The picture was very clear, and you could easily understand everything Gerry said.

The Menu-

The Layout-

The layout of the Main Menu wasn't anything special. You can click on each chapter individually, and it will play that chapter, and continue playing the ones after it. One thing that I didn't like about the menu is that it didn't have a "Play All" button.

The Forces-

Overhand Shuffle Force-

This force is very clever. It appears as if you simply overhand shuffle, and the spectator says stop whenever they want, and they miraculously stop at your selected force card.

Hindu Shuffle Force-

This is one of the most widely used forces. A Hindu Shuffle is where you hold about half of the pack in one of your hands by the inner ends, and peel off cards from that half with your other hand. The spectator says stop whenever they want, and you show them a "random" card... which is, of course, your force card.

Hindu Shuffle Force II-

This is actually the Hindu Shuffle Control, and is also taught on Born to Perform with Oz Pearlman. It looks like you Hindu Shuffling the cards, but in reality you are controlling/forcing a card of your choice.

Riffle Force-

This is also a widely used force. In this force, you riffle down the edge of the pack, and the spectator says stop at anytime they want. You cut the deck at that point, and it is your force card.

Hints-

This chapter is about "Story Changes", and tells you what to do if the spectator takes the wrong card. This is very helpful, and even gives you an effect to perform in this scenario.

10 to 20 Force-

This is one of those mathematical forces that is o.k., but I would never perform it. I consider it to be more of a beginner force, but that is just my opinion. What happens is you have a spectator name a number between 10 to 20, and you deal that many cards onto the table. Just for example, let's say they chose 16, you would deal 16 cards onto the table. Then, you would add the digits of that number together (1+6) to get 7. You would then deal 7 cards off of the pile of 16 you just dealt,a and the last card you lay down will be your force card.

Glide Force-

If you are familiar with "The Glide", you can probably already perform this force. You deal cards off the bottom of the deck onto the table, and have the spectator say stop whenever they would like. They say stop, and the card they stopped you on is your force card.

Glide Force II-

This is the same as the Glide Force I, except it uses a version of The Glide from Biddle Grip.

Toss Force-

This is a "chance force". What happens is you toss the cards across the table into a misshapen Ribbon Spread, the spectator freely selects a card, and, most of the time, it is your force card.

Toss and Spread Force-

This is an "out" of sorts for when the spectator doesn't take your force card.

Helpful Hints-

This is yet again an "out" for the Toss Force, using the Force Card as a Key Card.

Slip Force-

Also known as the Backslip Force, this force resembles the Riffle Force in the way it looks. You riffle down the pack, and the spectator says stop whenever they want. You take off the upper half of where they said stop, and they take the card they said stop at... and it's your force card!

Slip Force Variation-

This is the Slip Force, just with slightly different handling near the end. Instead of just lifting the packet off when they say stop, you pull it out to the side and set it on the table, and they choose your force card.

Cross Cut Force-

This is a force that uses "misdirection" of sorts. You tell the spectator to cut the deck wherever they want. Then you mark the position of their cut, patter for a minute, then the spectator looks at the card they cut to... and it's your force card.

Why Use a Force?-

This chapter's name says it all. Gerry basically tells you why you would use a force, and what they could be used for.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results