7-10 year olds...kids magic?

Jul 31, 2015
hi I just have a quick question for those who have done it before
I am going to be doing a show for 7-10year old. Now is the kind of magic I should be doing like magic coloring book, change bag, hippy hop rabbits..etc. good enough or are those to childish for 7-10year olds. I no it's a stupid question but just want to make sure
Thanks!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
In a word.... no. Those effects are more for the 5 and under crowd.

My advice is to take the effects you know and adapt them for your audience rather than learning new effects. That being said, I'd be glad to help you select effects (both from stuff you have and from new stuff) and outline the show.

We can do it in this thread or through PMs. Let me know what effects, books, DVD, etc. you have now, what you are willing to spend and how long you have to prepare.

Davis West

Elite Member
Dec 26, 2013
If it's a group of kids 7-10, don't do tricks to treat them like little kids. Do tricks that are engaging and get the audience involved with the magic.

Oct 19, 2015
Although I am not a professional, my only focus is kids....some of my best tricks that kids seem to enjoy are...

Coin Magic
Rope tricks
Sponge balls
Card Tricks that require audience participation, usually no gimmicks...
I would suggest you use a stage set up and don't walk around unless you are very skilled, kids this age will be into everything, pockets, close, etc. if you do not keep it somewhat controlled...

Most important have fun....they will!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results