A 5 Minute routine

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
I would suggest doing an Invisible Palm routine. It's an amazing effect; I have found that it works very well in either a one-on-one setting or a whole room.

If you are able to, having a "live feed" displayed on a TV in the room wouldn't be a bad idea.*

*I mean, have a camcorder set up so that while it's recording your performance, it also displays on a TV in the room.

Mar 30, 2008
DC
It would be really easy to do something with D'Lites.

Or you could do Control with Wounded...that would freak people out too much though

Apr 20, 2008
Well, I'm a mentalist, so I don't know if my opinion counts, but this is something you could easily do with just a touch of practice, and plays RETARDEDLY strong.

Select four random people from the audience, have three of them select a card, and the fourth writes the name of a person down on a business card.

Go down the line, revealing the three thought of cards, each in a progressively more "difficult" way.

Perform stigmata to reveal the initials of the name, and finally reveal the name.

Should take about 5 minutes, and will FLOOR people if you put the proper amount of showmanship into it.

This is a slightly "magicy" version of a routine I often use. I actually wouldn't use stigmata, I would just reveal the name, because stigmata, although strong, doesn't quite jive with my persona.

As for the cards, I use Richard Osterlind's "Radar Deck", though any sufficiently good force, peek, or stack would work.

If you own stigmata, you already know how to get the name.

And of course, because it is about the people, and not the props, this could easily play for 1,000 people.

Hope you like it.

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
hmm yea, i was hoping to mix in some mentalism instead of just solid card stuff.
thanks

EDIT: i just re-read your post. Love the ideas. oh, and im looking forward to that book youre talking about in the other thread.cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
stop it with the "im gay for tudor" stuff. seriously.
not to say that Generation eXtreme was bad though. it was some really good material.

Great?
The Best Material
It revolutionized the way magic is seen today
Why?

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
well according to previous definitions in your threads, magic is seen as comedy today. So... Kinda contradictory.
Post your anti everything-that-isnt-tudor things else where please. I'm looking for constructive ideas on a speech type of thing now. Not a show of skill over and over and over that doesnt connect with the audience.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results