A concept to think about.

Nov 27, 2009
When I was a sophomore in high school I had a friend, who beside being an excellent Chess player, could do a sleight with cards that I never could catch. He could do a perfect double lift out of the middle of a spread. I found this out while attempting to us a classic force on him. It looked like he took the card I wanted him to, and he did, but he didn't see the card I wanted because he took two cards. Somehow he was able to remove two cards in perfect alignment from the middle of a spread of cards that was under my control. I wish I remembered what he did before removing the cards, but I don't. What makes this entire story more impressive is the fact that he wasn't a magician.

Do any of you know if a move like this has been published? Has anyone else ever seen this done? I'd love to see a method. (I may just have to create a method myself.)

I'm not exaggerating in the slightest when I say it was perfect. I don't think anyone could catch the fact that he was holding two cards. The entire action blended in perfectly with his natural mannerisms and gestures, and somehow he was able to align two cards in a spread and remove both of them as one, look at them, and return them to the deck without ever having them separate, and without ever creating the slightest ripple on the lake of suspicion in my mind.

Sep 6, 2011
There is one thing I know of that meets the standards of the concept of removing two cards that look like one out of the middle of the spread. In fact, my friend came up with this when I was showing him a simple card trick. I spread the cards out on the table as soon as he said he had a genius idea (even though he wasn't a magician).He said "Hey look at this!" and all it looked like to me was he turned over a card from the middle of a spread. I was unimpressed until he he threw one card on the table with a second still retained in his hand. My friend has told me once. I forgot. I do remember that there was special move, a little sleight that allows someone to do this, but he refuses to tell me again when I ask. So unfortunately there is not tutorial or lesson for this, however if I get my friend to spill, I may post this on the Wire. Hope to hear from you again.

-Herst Fuller

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
It sounds like the kind of thing that would be entirely dependent on the situation- whether the cards were evenly separated or clumping together a little, whether the spread was tight or not, etc.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results