A Few John Carney Tricks

Nov 10, 2007
I had the chance to see him at a lecture but did ot know who he is, now that I know how good he is I definately regret not going.

Jan 9, 2008
Sacramento
Impressive! His fruit cup was really cool: misdirection, how I love thee, and his handling of oil and water was different then the one I perform, I might have to change!

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
I too think he is one of the greatest magicians. Entertaining, funny, original and amazing. Theres a cracking performance of Coins to Glass on YouTube.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
all three of those tricks can be found in his book Carneycopia. I highly suggest picking up this book. This book contains 43 tricks ranging from sponge balls, coins, cards, makeshift hot rods, and utilizes anything found at a dinner table. On top of the 43 tricks, John goes into complete detail on all sleights with notation/ reference to the original creators (Vernon, etc...).

However, the best thing about the book would mostly likely have to be his introduction: A full 19 page essay on John's theory on magic. Truly an amazing read.

I was lucky enough to pick up a First Edition hard copy of this book and take it every where I go.

From the book, I most often perform:
Sanverted
Inscrutable (great opening that leads into a series of 4 ace tricks)
Side pocket transpo
Slick pip (very short, very easy, very visual in the spectator's face with huge reactions)
Seconds on Jack sandwhich.

all three of those tricks can be found in his book Carneycopia. I highly suggest picking up this book. This book contains 43 tricks ranging from sponge balls, coins, cards, makeshift hot rods, and utilizes anything found at a dinner table. On top of the 43 tricks, John goes into complete detail on all sleights with notation/ reference to the original creators (Vernon, etc...).

However, the best thing about the book would mostly likely have to be his introduction: A full 19 page essay on John's theory on magic. Truly an amazing read.

I was lucky enough to pick up a First Edition hard copy of this book and take it every where I go.

From the book, I most often perform:
Sanverted
Inscrutable (great opening that leads into a series of 4 ace tricks)
Side pocket transpo
Slick pip (very short, very easy, very visual in the spectator's face with huge reactions)
Seconds on Jack sandwhich.

Haha, I love Slick Pip :D
Ahem....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results