A message/advice for doing Okito Voodoo Doll

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
Hey everyone, first off, thanks for stopping by this thread and I hope any of you out there who are doing this effect will consider the following advice and hopefully will make the effect look more magical in their hands, I don't want to expose anything here but please pm me if you have any questions.
In my honest opinion, whenever I watched someone perform this effect online or in real lives, there's not even a single person so far that I've come across that did this effect justice. For some strange and unknown reason, their fingers either starts from a very curled position and as the doll rises, their fingers started to get tenser and more rigid; most of them even goes so far as to bend their fingers all the way down towards the floor as the doll reaches its maximum height. Or, they either slowly spread their fingers apart as the doll rises or move their thumbs way too much ( I've seen some people where at the end, their thumb tip is literally pointing straight up). To me, the people that I've seen where they do this effect in this way doesn't made the doll look magical at all and the audience will get suspicious due to the unknown reason of you tensing your hands. Now, for those of you out there who perform this effect in their repertoire without any of these problems, I thank you very much for giving this effect the magical element it deserves.
To make this effect looks like real magic, your hands and fingers have to stay in the same position throughout the rise and all the way to the end. Now I know this takes a lot of practice, but I guarantee the end result would be worth it, not only to you, but to your audiences as well. My advice is to go out there and perform this effect at least 40 times a week for a month for different audiences and focus on these main points and you will see how much of a better reaction you will receive from your audiences when you made the okito Voodoo Doll looks like it's rising all by its own, which makes it MAGICAL.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results