A question on resources

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Brad Christian's instructional DVD Kard Klub, alongside Aaron Fisher's three DVD personal coaching set, have done more for my magic than any other resource besides personal experience. I am by no means saying that these are the best teaching DVD's or anything of that nature, they have simply had a huge impact on me personally. What I have found in each of these DVD's that has been so helpful, is that they teach a single effect. They take one effect, or a small number of effects, and teach every little nuance of performance. More importantly, they record performances of the effect, then go through and break down each little part and explain what worked well and why. My question to all of you here at Theory11, is what other DVD's are like this? Does anyone know of other DVD's that teach in a similar manner? Preferably cards, but I really am open to anything.

Thanks guys!

Tyler

Mar 16, 2012
you can always check out dangerous by daniel madison, theres live performances and he teachs very good on the dvd.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Tyler:

I think most of the responses misunderstand your question. I think you are asking for DVDs go into depth about the performance of an effect, not just one that has good teaching of an effect. The best that was recommended is Wayne's Art of Magic.

You might Los be interested in the L&L World's Greatest Magic DVDs which have 5 to 7 different magicians teach their take on an effect. It will be up to you to figure why each variation work for that magician.

With that being said, you might be better off getting the Card College series. Roberto Giobbi teaches excellent versions of nearly every sleight imaginable and has excellent check points on technique and presentation. For a little more than the price of a DVD for each book, you get ten times the material as well as a reference you will go back to time and time again.

As your library expands, you can look up similar effects in several books (e.g. tracing the development of travellers routines from Vernon to Jennings to Harris). That is a fun exercise.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results