A Stopgap Transformation

I have posted my very first magic video on YouTube. (Well, it's actually my second, but the first one isn't much good. So I guess it's my first half-decent magic video.) It's D&D's Commercial. I can tell my riffle force isn't great, so I'd love any comments on that or on anything else. (Especially the patter!) The more negative the better, though I'm probably not in for being outright insulted. :)

Here's the link: a stopgap transformation

Kristian

Mar 14, 2008
Work on riffling a little slower (i could barely see the six of clubs). You also flashed the snap change, so keep in mind your angles when performing this.

I saw the seven of spades both times you riffled. If you got mine right it would have been really good.

Crud. I guess I just need to spend more time in front of the mirror...

You also flashed the snap change, so keep in mind your angles when performing this.

I re-watched the video, and think I see where I might have flashed it a little bit. I don't think it's something someone would notice unless they were looking for it, especially if they're a layman.

Sep 5, 2007
I re-watched the video, and think I see where I might have flashed it a little bit. I don't think it's something someone would notice unless they were looking for it, especially if they're a layman.
nope they would definitely see it

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I saw the 6 of Clubs, but I agree it was still slightly fast... Basically, the main two things that've been brought up - the angle was slightly off for the Snap Change, and the riffle. Nice work though man

Apr 28, 2008
Crud. I guess I just need to spend more time in front of the mirror...

obvious.

A little flash can completely expose the method, as it does in your video. I wasn't watching closely but the flash was really notceable.

Also, I don't think saying 'they probably won't notice' is a very good attitude to have. I think you should try and make your sleight of hand as perfect as possible.

I'd also recommend learning the Click Change instead of the Snap Change. It has far better angles and looks much cleaner.

I didn't think of exposure. I've taken the video off.

And I've put another one on. I worked on the force a bit and hopefully it'll be better this time. (or maybe you'll have to yell at me again :)) Comments on the patter would also be appreciated, since in reality I care more about my presentation than my technicals.

Since my last post I preformed it for a girl at school before class started. She's really cool and collected, so no big reactions, but she liked it and asked me later if I would do it again. So it seems I can do it in person reasonably well, but the Internet gives me trouble.

Here's the new video.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results