Age...handicap?

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Ok, I was going to be really cranky with Geraint2k2's posts but I'll give him a bit of credit given the back-peddling done in the more recently post. Regardless, I believe the earlier posts were quite irresponsible given I.D. Theft issues. Similarly (and I believe I said it earlier) you DON'T walk up and ask for a buck "cold" you MUST validate yourself and build a rapport with the patrons BEFORE you ask to borrow anything!

There's a lot of potentially dangerous ideas to be found on line when it comes to table magic & approach. My encouragement is to use some common sense and treat people in the manner you would want to be treated given the same set of circumstances.

Ok, I was going to be really cranky with Geraint2k2's posts but I'll give him a bit of credit given the back-peddling done in the more recently post. Regardless, I believe the earlier posts were quite irresponsible given I.D. Theft issues. Similarly (and I believe I said it earlier) you DON'T walk up and ask for a buck "cold" you MUST validate yourself and build a rapport with the patrons BEFORE you ask to borrow anything!

There's a lot of potentially dangerous ideas to be found on line when it comes to table magic & approach. My encouragement is to use some common sense and treat people in the manner you would want to be treated given the same set of circumstances.

If you read my first post on page one, I did say that you need to introduce yourself and that rapport was important. I also said that my first effect is usually two card monte, and the bill suggestion was just that... a suggestion. ( As he's working in a restaurant he'll know that his spectators all have money on them ).

I've never once had a problem borrowing things from people when they know i've been hired for that specific event or location.
Maybe the UK are more trusting to performers.

Getting 'cranky' with someones opinion is really un-called for. You have your way. I have mine... and it works.
I said in my first post Pin Number or name of a loved one etc.
Dynamo revealed a Pin number on his TV special.... so did Derren Brown... it's an impressive and non-threatening trick. A mentalism miracle, and I can't believe people have taken an issue with it.

Pin numbers are useless without the card. Here's my pin : 2904 ....... it's not as if you can walk into a shop now and say " I'll take all this ... put it on my card ... 2904 .. thank you! "

And as i've said before.... using the patter of identity theft when 'stealing' a signature off the back of a card during an Anniversary Waltz routine is non-threatening also. I've not had anyone worry about it. It's a card trick. It's not as if I produce their bank statement from my card box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results