Aging coins

Feb 10, 2013
Hey guys. I was wondering if you had any tips on aging your coins. I heard Homer Liwag talking about it in his DVD and am interested in the process. I want to make my coin magic the best it can be, and I think the aged look is a really nice touch. So, do you have any tips on doing it, such as how long to keep the coin in the bleach?

Jan 11, 2013
Dubai
the reason you use an aged coin isn't so much for the look its because an aged coin in softened, so the coins make less noise when performing. I have tried many different methods to soften coins. I use a whetstone lightly rubbing the coin in a figure of 8. Depending on what the coin is, makes a difference on how far you can rub the coin down. If they are silver then you can get them pretty soft, if they are plated then you have to be careful otherwise you will rub down to the base metal. Generally I will rub them down a little bit then use them a lot and carry them in my pocket all the time, and just let them naturally age. It will take time naturally to age them but with a lot of use and carry not as long as you may think, especially plated coins.

Feb 10, 2013
I am sorry, but I believe you are mistaken. Homer talks about how what he has done makes it easier to distinguish between the coins and gives them a nice look when the light hits them. I do not mean to physically wear them down type of aging, but rather that cool shaded type of aged look Homer gets. Check out some of his videos to see what I mean.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results