Alchemy- Smaller Coins

Aug 2, 2009
Help with alchemy, i find that it's not such a difficult trick for my, my only problem is getting from the first palm to the second with a smaller coin than the reccomended half dollar. any advice on how to lever up the coin to where it should be if the coin is smaller?

Thanks.

Sep 21, 2011
Help with alchemy, i find that it's not such a difficult trick for my, my only problem is getting from the first palm to the second with a smaller coin than the reccomended half dollar. any advice on how to lever up the coin to where it should be if the coin is smaller?

Thanks.

Hey Taizpian. i'm happy to help, but i'm not sure what you're asking exactly. Can you be more specific about what you are stuck on. Perhaps specify which palm?

r.m

Jun 3, 2011
Aberdeen, UK
I'd recommend practice :) You can even use a silver dollar and it will work just fine if you get to know how to do it and adjust the positions of the coin to your needs...

Aug 2, 2009
Thanks Ben! I was trying to be a little cryptic only as to not make the method too obvious, but basically my trouble is getting it from the vanish to the balance palm. i know that it's not supposed to actually be placed in balance palm (since it it really one fluid motion from the vanish to the cleanup), but the biggest coin i have been able to get is not too much bigger than a quarter. so it's fairly small. because of this, i find myself having trouble scooting it up into balanced palm. When i try to do so, my fingers push the coin but it isn't big enough to get to balanced palm. i have no trouble with the vanish or cleanup, but for some reason getting it into that palm is too tricky with me. i don't know, maybe it just isn't possible with a coin this size, but if you have any pointers i would be more than grateful!

Thanks

Dec 11, 2010
California
All I can say is more practice or switch coins. Doing it with a smaller coin will be harder just because of the method used to get it into the balance position.

I myself use poker chips which works just fine. As long as it is a heavy one

Sep 7, 2011
Brazil
ww.ibj.co.nz
I use a slightly different method for smaller coins in which the coin stays in balance for a short time. Then depending on circumstances the coin can be ditched to breast pocket or a small movement of the thumb can move it to the place you use for Alchemy.

You are not instantly clean as Ben is (which is part of what makes his effect brilliant) but it can be useful if you are too scared to do the business for fear of exposing. I would however repeat the advice above .... practice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results