Alternate This Card/That Card Cards

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
what i mean is, what i used to do was "this card" that card, and "WTF?" card at the end when you reveal the extra card
(i use completely blank cards, so i can write whatever)

the problem is i cant find these cards!!

so im making new ones.
im thinking of this card, that card, and something else...
any suggestions?

Sep 20, 2008
You dont have to follow this format, i think that routine is called 'ThisN'that' by a youtube-er or something. but i think the original name for it is the 'Colour monte'

You can purchase that on Penguin Magic, and i think they sell it on E as well?

I do a variation on this with jokers, or i sometimes do a five-speed-esque routine with it.

anyways, to easily resolve your problem, just get some blank bicycle cards and write on them?

where do you get blank bicycle cards? i think Ellusionist/penguin sells em by decks and i assume you only want three, so i'd best opt for googling online shops for em.

-Sinful

Edit:

Damn it, i shouldve read your question twice. I suggest you incorporate it into a 5-speed orientated stand alone trick. or just colour them as red, blue etc and go into colour monte.

Changing the 'ThisN'That' Format will just confuse spectators. its already confusing enough as it is!

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
yea but i want something different

which is why at the end i used to say "you knew about this card, you knew about that card, and...wtf.."

and they also say wtf (not doubletea eff, but wtf spelt out, for you kids out there)

as for the blank cards, i just got them from a standard euchre deck, each deck has 4 orso of them

maybe ill use what im used to...
just wondering if anybody does anything different than this that other, and the colour thing.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
yea...you know at the end of the routine, you reveal a card that was there all along, but was never shown

i want something different, out of the norm, but something that also makes sense to the routine

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Think of things that come in threes.

him, her, it
blank, blanker, blankest
best card, worst card...

Something like that i guess.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
How the guy made the cards were like so:

1. Take any card (preferably a card with not alot of pictures, so use an ace instead of a jack)
2. Take a really good eraser (i recommend magic rub) and erase the pips and numbers. It will seem pretty hard at first but with you rub hard enough they come off.
3. Repeat with 2 other cards
4. Now you have 3 blank cards. Take a sharpie and write this, that and wtf on those.

Dec 22, 2007
how bout using a selected card, losing it in the deck, and then continuing with the this n that trick, and revealing the selection at the end.

Mar 29, 2008
I got an idea...instead of writing WTF on the last card...write...I BET YOU SAW THIS ON YOUTUBE! I have been asked if I have seen "this" effect more than the 21 card trick.

Write on it - I only do effects that are popularized by mass media...what am I thinking - it wouldn't fit...and it may be exposure.

Write on it - My other tricks suck more

Write on it - this beats a coin trick

Write on it - I can't afford to get these printed professionally

Write on it - INSERT SURPRISE ENDING HERE

Write on it - This trick takes NO talent

Write on it - PUBLIC DOMAIN EFFECTS HERE

Write on it - I HEART YOUTUBE EFFECTS

Write on it - I'm with stupid

Write on it - Orange you glad I didn't say banana

Write on it - YOUR MOM

Hope these ideas spark creativity in you...the type of creativity that makes you put down anything that has been popularized in mass media...and pick up magic that can't been seen when I type in the word MAGIC TRICK on youtube. It is the FIRST video....and there is your act!

PS - I don't mean to sound mad...even if I am. Lastly, I think the best suggestion is recalling the selection.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results