Am I suited for it yet?

J

Jake Samways

Here’s the deal.
I’m pretty new to Cardistry/Flourishing, I started maybe the max of three weeks ago with the W.E.R.M 1-on-1 video.
In my opinion I have completely got down the Dan & Dave version of it.

So today I purchased Carnahan Fan 1-on-1, and it’s starting to actually look quite nice now, in a few days I think I might have it down pretty nicely, not mastered it but should look quite nice.

These two videos are my only real Flourishing videos I have purchased.

So my question is should I maybe purchase the whole three disk Trilogy?
Do you think I might be ready or suited for it yet?

There’s no question about it, it will be a hard tackle and I’m willing to put the many hours it deserves but am I ready in your guys opinion?

Cheers!
(P.S this Carnahan Fan has done a dozy on my Index Finger :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 24, 2007
Hey Jake,

What about simple things, like spring fans, cuts etc.

Have you mastered them yet?

Get the basic moves down pat, then move on to the Trilogy, it will be much easier, and work much better :)

I would have to disagree with not getting the Trilogy yet. EverythingElse (Disc 3) has Flourishes 101 on it, if he gets the Trilogy and goes through the flourishes 101 section and masters those. I think he'll have enough of a base to move onto the Trilogy Flourishes (Disc 2). Plus, he'll have some magic with it too (Disc 1).

I think buying the Trilogy is a good move if you start out with the flourishes 101 section. Peace!

Tyler

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
I was in a similar situation. I just started working with cards again last year when I saw a preview for the Trilogy (it had just been released). Not knowing what i was getting into i bought it as a beginner (it was actually the first magic book/DVD that i ever bought). I am the type of person who enjoys a good challenge and that is exactly what i got and then some. The stuff on those disks is very advanced and it is a good idea to have a good foundation before buying them. However Dan and Dave are very good teachers and if you have the determination and put in the practice nothing is out of your reach. We were all beginners at some point even Dan and Dave! I would recommend Disk 3 and see how you handle the stuff on there. It will prepare you for what is on the other two.
Cheers!

Sep 1, 2007
sure anything is a good idea. But i would start with "XB" xtreme beginnerz because you learn a greater variety of moves and the teaching is WAY better than 'flourishes 101'.

also if you get the bucks' material, it's pretty advanced and might frustrate you a bit more than if you'd just started with the basics. but, as long as you're dedicated, you'll be able to learn what ever you get your hands on I'm sure :D

Oct 28, 2007
i would say get it because in the near future you will probablly obtain all three videos seperatly. so i would get them so i save money and i will have it when i am ready.
ps. i started flourishing with the trilogy and if i say so myself im not to bad at it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results