Amazement

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Hey guys i've made up this trick where you have someone pick a card, you spring or dribble the cards on your shoe and the card is found folded up in your shoe.
I've pulled this off a few times on the street and been getting some good reactions.
But sometimes i preform tricks that are suppose to be Crazy and have people Screaming, like where the card changes places in their hand. But The weird thing is, is i get Awesome reactions from High schoolers i don't know why. If i do it for a old person they just say "wow how did u do that, thats pretty good, keep it up kid" And i want them to be MORE amazed and i don't know if its just people aren't amazed as much these days or what.

thanks,

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Hey guys i've made up this trick where you have someone pick a card, you spring or dribble the cards on your shoe and the card is found folded up in your shoe.
I've pulled this off a few times on the street and been getting some good reactions.
But sometimes i preform tricks that are suppose to be Crazy and have people Screaming, like where the card changes places in their hand. But The weird thing is, is i get Awesome reactions from High schoolers i don't know why. If i do it for a old person they just say "wow how did u do that, thats pretty good, keep it up kid" And i want them to be MORE amazed and i don't know if its just people aren't amazed as much these days or what.

thanks,

It's not only with magic, we youngsters are used to over-react everything :)

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Explosive reaction < Thoughtful amazement.

You never know how you affected those older spectators. But just accept it the way it is.

G

Sep 1, 2007
Usually people older than you are not ready to accept the fact that you can fool them. Especially if you suggest in any way (even if you don't really mean that) that you might be more clever than them. When they are amazed they might not want to let it show. Some people just aren't comfortable having a 15-year-old bloke come up and do unexplainable stuff. It's just not credible, and they might even feel slightly insulted. There are, however, ways to fix this:

1) Get older. (Time consuming, I know. But it is pretty easy and you can do other stuff at the same time.)
2) Get presented as a professional. (Greatly helps with credebility and creates positive anticipation.)

Oh and remember that if people scream, it doesn't automatically mean that they're amazed. They could as well be just surprised or terrified.

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Ah... yeah thats what i thought, maybe their not showing that their amazed, what do you mean by get presented as a professional? come up to them and say I'm a professional??

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Ah... yeah thats what i thought, maybe their not showing that their amazed, what do you mean by get presented as a professional? come up to them and say I'm a professional??

If you have to tell them you're a pro, it doesn't really work.
And if you're not a pro, it doesn't work either.

You don't want to be like, "I'm a professional magician, I get paid so0o much money. WATCH as I amaze yo0u with my Magical skills!"

If you are a pro, the way of telling them would be to say something like, "Let me try something I performed at this gig I had a week ago. It doesn't work all the time, but lets give it a shot."
Something like that to make it subtle, not bragging, but letting them know that you are a performer.

I can see how age is a problem, but that will go away in time.
Just keep doing what you're doing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results