Andthensome ORANGE edition review

Jan 15, 2008
This is a review for the andthensome orange edition. I'll update it everyday until friday, which is the release.

Portal

Effect: Portal is a ‘quickie’ effect, imagine spreading out the cards and having a spectator touch one, you show the card and insert the card in the left hands packet. At this point their selection is protruding from the right hands packet, and there is a separate packet in the left hand. With just a shake, the card vanishes from the right hand and instantly appears in the left hand packet... their selection.

Opinion: I really like this trick, if you like subway then you’ll love this effect, they go great with each other. Definitely my favorite trick on the dvd, actually hedberg all over and this will have to tie.

Practicality: absolutely practical, enough said.

Difficulty: It really is not to hard at all, with a little practice you’ll have it down pretty fast.

Rating: 11/10 it’s that good, trust me...

Notes: Portal was made while fixing a problem in card across from the tricks part of the trilogy, that being how the card is pushed in face down however appears face up. They did a wonderful job fixing it, and it looks 20 times better. They also teach the coolest double lift ever.

Osh Negash B’gosh

Effect: A neat table hopping effect, a card is propelled through the air and is caught between two red queens, the packet is placed on the table. Another card is selected, instantly the card that was on the table in between the queens is now on the deck and the second selection is in between the queens.

Opinion: I think it is a great looking trick, however it will be difficult for some people to figure it out. In the explanation Dan kind of says stuff like do this and do this to do that. Thats wasn’t a problem for me since I knew the sleights needed to do it but you can see how it could be difficult for some people.

Practicality: pretty practical, it’s good for table hopping, but it’s not something you can really do without a table.

Rating: 6/10 honestly I wont use it, it looks nice and I enjoy watching the performance, but it doesn’t really do it for mt.

Notes: This is the same exact effect in Dan and Dave’s notes sleightly magical

Encore

Effect: you hand a spectator two red aces and leave the two black aces in your hand, you snap, and they switch places.

Opinion: It’s a cool effect, but I wont use it due to the angle issues involved.

Practicality: Not to practical, again, you can’t do it surrounded due to the angle issues.

Rating: 7/10

Hedberg All Over:

Effect: It’s like your doing hedberg’s peak but all over the place... you show the top two cards, you put one on bottom the other on top, with a snap they switch places, you do it again, with a flick they switch places again you do it again.... this time with just a shake, you tell the spectators you have one more thing for them, you put one on the table the other in your hand, with a wave over their hand, it changes.

Opinion: I love this effect, it and portal tie for sure. It may not attract some folks since you need something ‘extra’ but it really is worth the little something extra.

Practicality: I would say it’s practical, you you can carry a deck of cards, then you can carry the ‘extra’ card with you EASILY.

Rating: 10/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
thats good n all but wat about the click change variation the jones change transpo shepherd change or even the manfred shuffle....if your going to do a review do all the tricks.....umm.and everthing else.......and...andthensome lol but yea if people dont have it they wont know all the good effects on here

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
thats good n all but wat about the click change variation the jones change transpo shepherd change or even the manfred shuffle....if your going to do a review do all the tricks.....umm.and everthing else.......and...andthensome lol but yea if people dont have it they wont know all the good effects on here

Read the Second sentence

Oct 3, 2007
germany
Interesting,
I know opinions and performing styles differ, so I'm just throwing my personal opinion out there; but portal is my favorite of the full tricks on the DVD. Love it :>

But that's probably because I've always wanted to learn a pop-out like the one used. Looks great live, nice quick trick.

Jan 15, 2008
Yeah, I love Portal, I'll have a review for the flourishes, and probably some everythingelse up today in a few hours.

Jan 15, 2008
Should I start a new thread to continue my review? I was thinking a new thread everyday until my review is finished, then I would copy and paste it all and put it into one thread. What do you guys think?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results