Another Card Through Pocket

Oct 6, 2007
...or is it new?

I know there are tons of card to pockets out there....

But are there any Card THROUGH Pockets?

I mean ONE signed selection, actually melts through the material of the pocket and appears inside?

I've seen many card TO pockets, but few card through's, and i want to check if there is one out there before I begin my journey of developing my own/variation.

Thanks!

Oct 6, 2007
To clarify-

I want a card THROUGH pocket, a card is rubbed against your pocket and it visually dissapears and appers in your pocket, for example.

I have one in mind which allows you to show your hand empty AND then take the card out of your pocket. So even a rub-a-dub vanish would mean you need to palm the card and then take it out of your pocket, which isn't as convincing.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
If done correctly from a lot of practice, it should look good.
If you don't want to mess with palming, you can just use a duplicate.
Although, that would mean you can't have it signed.

You can actually do this so many ways though.
Put an X card in you pocket before the trick begins.
Get them to sign a card and do the vanish.
Pull the card out of your pocket and put it on the deck. Do a double lift revealing their signed card.

Another way I would think of is to have a duplicate. Put bothe dups on top of the deck.
Turn one of them over and have it signed.
Make eye contact(Misdirection) while palming the card off into your pocket. (You can also ask for the sharpee back and put that in your pocket at the same time as your ditching the card in your pocket in one fluid motion) This way if your caught going in your pocket, you have a reason, you need to put the pen away. Your specs shouldn't think anything of it.
Now you should have the same card on the top of the deck, only not signed.
Lift up a corner of the card, to show the pip, but hiding the rest of the card with the deck. Then do the vanish and show their card went through your pocket.

If this is exposure for a trick that's already on the market, then I'm sorry and delete my post by all means.

Oct 6, 2007
Im not asking for methods.

I'm asking whether a trick like the one I have described has been PUBLISHED before. Sure, there are hundreds of ways to do the effect, but has there ever been a published trick udner the same conditions I have stated?

Actually I have a set of notes Ive been writing for the past year. They should be completed in about a month I plan on releasing it in Download format. The notes are called "Beyond Imagination Vol. 1", the notes contain ten of my everyday favorite effects to perform and low and behold there is a signed card to spectators pocket effect included. I have been performing this for a couple of years and Ive never been caught. Anyways Ill be releasing information on the notes here.

www.myspace.com/magic101productions

Shane:)

Mar 30, 2008
DC
Well, there are a lot of Card to Pockets, but my favorite is card to spectators pocket. This involves some misdirection, quick thinking, and when you first do it, a little bit of luck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results