another live performance of cardistry

Nov 17, 2011
iowa
hey fellow cardist and theory 11 members i have for you guys another live cardistry performance that i hope you all enjoy it was so awesome to be up there and share with people my passion and the hard work i put into it every one enjoyed it and i loved it so hope you guys do to feedback is much appreciated

FYI my voice in the video is kinda of soft so you cant here every thing i say but still hope you guys enjoy:)

[video=youtube;ZVffS5p7Zi0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVffS5p7Zi0&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
This was another solid cardistry performance, very commendable work. However, you have to work on your stage presence a bit. Daniel Madison has got some great tips on how to add flare to your flourishes. You can make one handed cuts look so much better if you move with them as you perform them. It's all about the execution, so keep that in mind. Aside from that, it's great to see you doing live performances. It isn't easy and you look a little more comfortable in this performance than you did in your last one. All in all, I see some improvement, but work on your stage presence. Add some more energy, make it exciting. Good job

- Patrick V

Aug 31, 2007
Totally commend you for getting on stage and doing what you do - that takes some guts, so props to you there.

I would suggest that you create some kind of frame work to your routine other than just going down the list and performing each move. Andrei and Steerpike gave some great advice on your first thread, but I would encourage you to try and add another layer to the act other than cardistry. There is a lot of dead-time, meaning time where there's no talking, no music, and the audience is quiet. Even if you are doing to craziest move during that dead time, the audience will feel slightly uncomfortable during these times.

So fill it. What you fill it with is up to you. I know lots of people who do a 'show-off' portion of their card magic act, where they show three or four basic flourishes, and have stock lines to go along with it. EI, "This move is the one handed cut. This is the one handed fan. And this is called not having a girlfriend".

Now, I personally have seen these stock lines a million times, and I'm not suggesting you try that specifically, I'm just giving an example. As hacky as that line is, it puts the audience at ease. It tells them you have a sense of humor about your moves, and what you do, and it fills that dead time.

I would suggest watching some other manipulation acts (where the performer speaks throughout) such as juggling routines, plate spinning, ETC, and see what you can learn from them, especially street performers who's main goal is to keep the audience's attention. They may inspire you :)

That's my two cents, but not many people here, or ever, do cardistry in front of a seated audience. If nothing else, you've got the courage to do it, and that says a lot. Keep it up :)

Can anyone recommend a good manipulation act that you've seen, or maybe a clip on YouTube that you think would help?

Nov 17, 2011
iowa
thanks for the very kind words and awesome advice Zach this helps me broaden my area of thinking in regards to routines and stage presence i really really appreciate it man

Oct 26, 2014
Hi guys I need help to improve my cardisty videos, I could really use some advice about it, tell me how do you make your videos. I have camera it isn't anything special and I have a tripod, I tried to make videos but they're not good, I always go out of camera view or the background is distracting or something else that makes the video look bad. What should I do?

Mar 30, 2015
I need help to enhance my cardisty features, I could truly utilize some counsel about it, let me know how would you make your features. I have cam it isn't anything uncommon and I have a tripod, I attempted to make features however they're bad, I generally go out of cam perspective or the foundation is diverting or something else that makes the feature look terrible. What would it be a good idea for me to do?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results