Any recommendations for metal bending?

Jan 19, 2019
Lately I’ve been kind of interested in getting into metal bending, but I’m not entirely sure where the best place is to start. I know Bend by Menny Lindenfeld is on this site, but I’m wondering if there are other resources to start with.

What other resources would any of you recommend to get started in metal bending?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Depends on what exactly you're going for.

Liquid Metal 2 covers pretty much all you'd need to know about bending forks. No gimmick involved, just hand strength and clever timing/blocking.

Skin by Benjamin Earl is basically the routine I based any coin bending I've ever done on.

Pretty sure Banachek has some good metal bending material as well. I know I have used his fork-tine bend a lot.

Jan 19, 2019
I’m looking for something introductory to metal bending. I‘d be interested in starting out with spoon and fork bending at first and explore other types of bending further depending on how I like it. I’d also prefer to start off metal bending without gimmicks.

There are three options that I’m interested in, just trying to figure out which one to choose.

Bend by Menny Lindenfeld (located on this site)
Art of Metal Bending by Menny Lindenfeld (located on penguinmagic)
Psychokinetic Silverware by Banacheck (located on penguinmagic)

Out of these three options which one would be the best to start with?

Reactions: scottbaird
Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
I always start, when looking to make a purchase in magic, with material from someone who is widely known to the point of being synonymous with their field.

Osterlind and Banachek are widely known and respected in mentalism in much the same way that David Roth and Michael Rubenstein are to coin magic, and Darwin Ortiz and Simon Aronson are to card magic. You can't go wrong!

Scott.

Feb 24, 2021
Banachek goes over all his famous moves on the Banachek Penguin Live. Also shows his PK routine and a huge amount of other stuff. Much of what he does is surprisingly simplistic.

Reactions: Dustrod
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results