Anyone having problem with the 'surprise ending' of Stairway?

Jan 15, 2010
Hi everyone, Wonder if you guys had any problem with the 'surprise ending' in stairway?

I followed and did what Marcus Eddie said for the ending, but somehow I just couldn't get the feel of it penetrating every band.

I practice stairway almost an hour a day, but till now i still can't get that amazing effect/feel like what marcus eddie did or gave for the surprise ending.

Any advices or thoughts about it? you can PM me if it might lead to exposure.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Dec 21, 2009
I also have a difficult time with this, if anyone has tips than I'd be more than grateful. And if it leads to exposure, as the original poster said, you could PM me.

I can do all other phases, but I just don't think I get the effect of the rubber band penetrating all the other bands.

Jan 15, 2010
I also have a difficult time with this, if anyone has tips than I'd be more than grateful. And if it leads to exposure, as the original poster said, you could PM me.

I can do all other phases, but I just don't think I get the effect of the rubber band penetrating all the other bands.

you too mate? shucks, I rewatched stairway like more than five times and i still can't get the feel out of it, and i kinda realize what marcus eddie did during the street performances are kinda different from what he taught? No offence here! I just thinking if he might left out a few points or key points for the surprise ending =/

Hope we will get help soon, I'll be performing it this friday, I'm okay with everything, just that I feel my ending isn't as perfect as it seems =/ Oh well. I'm a perfectionist. lolol.

May 3, 2008
I've found that it can either be really cool, or be a complete giveaway of how to do the effect. I've had times where I perform this and people literally think I'm joking.

Jan 15, 2010
I've found that it can either be really cool, or be a complete giveaway of how to do the effect. I've had times where I perform this and people literally think I'm joking.

really? is it really that bad? =/ I'll be damn upset if i can't complete the trick as in with the ending. :( I just tried 15 mins infront of the mirror moving down the bill I failed :(

Dec 21, 2009
really? is it really that bad? =/ I'll be damn upset if i can't complete the trick as in with the ending. :( I just tried 15 mins infront of the mirror moving down the bill I failed :(

I did the same. I'm going to watch his performances again, maybe there's some motion he does with his hands... as misdirection

Sep 4, 2009
Yea, i've had some problems with that too. When i do it i front of the mirror you can tell what im doing, it doesn't really look like the band is going through the bills. The rest of the trick is great, but if i really want to do the ending i'd either do i fast, and not have it look like it penetrates each individual band, just appear on the bottom again, or i won't do the ending at all because it doesn't look right.

Jan 15, 2010
Yea, i've had some problems with that too. When i do it i front of the mirror you can tell what im doing, it doesn't really look like the band is going through the bills. The rest of the trick is great, but if i really want to do the ending i'd either do i fast, and not have it look like it penetrates each individual band, just appear on the bottom again, or i won't do the ending at all because it doesn't look right.

hmmm. fast? i feel that is the slow motion of the bill melting down the thing that looks awesome, too fast, kinda kill the trick imho.

I'm thinking of skipping the ending too, but it kinda upsets me cause from the video, what marcus eddie did with the ending really just rocks. :(

And I want to give the exact same reaction to my audiences :(

Marcus Eddie

theory11 artist
The only way to get the same reaction is to do it for people. The effect KILLS every time I do it. I'm not doing it any different then I did on the street performance. You can't be afraid to do the move in front of people. When you just keep doing it for yourself, you will see what's going on, because you know the method. Remember, the audience doesn't know what to expect.

Also, if for some reason you get "caught" doing the move, It's not the end of the world. Just like any other magic effect, it's bound to mess up a few times in the hundreds of times you perform it.

Try holding the bands at chest level and as the bill falls, lower your hands to stomach level. That should help disguise what you're doing.

Practice and apply!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results