App For Magicians

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I have just begun developing an app for magicians. It isn't anywhere near a finished product yet but I wanted to get input from as many people as possible, hence my posting here. This isn't going to be an app that accomplishes an effect, but more like a utility app.

Personally, I have trouble remembering the effects I'm working on, and current sets. For this I use a notebook app to keep everything written out and easily accessible from my phone. A note section might be something that I could implement into the app.

There is one major piece that will be in the app that, personally, I think is SUPER cool. It's the idea that got me started on this project, and the main idea to the app. I do not want to disclose what it is just yet, but I wanted to ask you guys how an app could help YOU and YOUR magic?

What would it be capable of doing?
Would you be able to easily collaborate with other magicians?
Perhaps you're working on an effect - maybe you could add collaborators? Anyone you add to a project could maybe add photos of potential gimmicks or videos of prototypes.

I would love to hear your ideas because, after all, you'll be using the app too! Just keep in mind that this app will NOT accomplish any effects. It is meant to be a tool for magicians that's easily accessible!

I can't wait to talk about your ideas!

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Great idea. It would be cool to have a database of my effects (that I could tap for a description, time(or length of effect) and could have tags associated with them like openers, closers, fire, cards etc) then a show/routine builder where I can select from those to insert them.

A place for the scripting (notes associated with each effect and for the entire routine) would be excellent

When I do a show, I write down a list of effects and a few words in between to remind me of the next transition. To the right I have a list of all my volunteers names (most of which I choose before the show).

A spot for budget and income would be helpful too, but not necessary.

A very important part would be a spot for notes after the show to consider for next time.

Great idea - look forward to seeing more!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I also second a spot for notes after a show.

Say you want to know the timing of each effect. Would it help to have a function that allows you to build a set; and when you start, there is a stopwatch function for each effect in your set. In additional to a 'master timer' that is going on throughout your entire set.

Perform your first part? Hit stop and you press start for effect #2 and so on.

Jul 11, 2013
I think it wold be interesting to include something that allows you to share ideas and get feedback because I believe that can be a hard thing now because people don't know where to go to share there ideas on magic other than the 4 billion forums made.

Aug 4, 2015
Hey, that's a great idea!

Maybe you can implement a map that shows you where the nearest magic shop is. And that there can be a "local" forum too.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results