Artist's Tricks?

Dec 22, 2007
they work years on their material. its not like"oh i thought of a trick! i think ill sell it!"

although some magicians do that, most work years on perfecting the trick and then they sell it.

to answer your other question, i get no inspiration.

Yeah, as filth said they work on their material for years until it comes to perfection.

As for inspiration, I never really have found that for tricks...I end up figuring them out on accident. I'll play around with cards, do something then gasp as I did something wrong that turned out to do something else that was good. Through this I've created an inversion effect, and a simple revelation (not the bottom card one).

One time...today I had created a move thanks to Brian Tudor whilst practicing the Rev. Five, not exactly inpspiration but a mistake led by someone else's work (this also happened with a sandwich routine I made though I wasn't practicing a trick to get it, it just resembled one).

Even though this, some people think of what they want to do and try to do it.

Whether its on accident or through commitment, its a trial and error process until it ends and you have a refined effect.

~PaCo

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Joel worked on Believe for a long, long time, and he told me that the version sold on the site was NOT the version he originally wanted to sell... he wanted people to discover it on their own, and that the purpose of Believe wasn't really to release a great trick (which he did, anyway), but to give people a springboard to create their own variations of the effect and make it suited to themselves. I'd like to see the original version!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results