Bad Co-Ordination with my left hand.

Mar 18, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm looking to get into cardistry/flourishing, and I can do the things that don't need a lot of work with my left hand but once my left hand gets involved it become impossible. I can't even do simple Charlier Cuts with my left hand because of my lack of co-ordination.

Do you have any tips for me on how I can increase the co ordination and strength in my hand/fingers?

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Diligent practice. That's the only way around it. When I first started I couldn't do moves nearly as well in my non-dominant hand. That's just how it is. With solid practice, I could do most moves easily in both.

As for specific tips: learn the move in your dominant hand, and then use that hand to help train your off hand. If you're having a lot of trouble with a certain move, take a break from it for a few days and come back to it. Focus on getting used to the basic motions of a move before you try to make it super smooth or fast, and then gradually work your way up.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If you're not sure you're doing a certain move correctly, send me a PM, I can help you via Skype.

Best,
Vince

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results