Basic

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
The sleights are definitely getting better buddy. It definitely does need work, but that's alright, things always do, and that's not a bad thing. So, a couple of notes...

a) When you angle jog a card, make sure you do it in one fluid motion. In other words, don't push it in, and leave the corner visible in the side of the deck, pause, and then pull it all the way through. That whole thing needs to be one smooth motion.

b) Deck turnover was a bit stiff.

c) Back of the card flashed for a split second. Nothing major - just make sure you tilt your hands up slightly since you're performing low and the camera's high.

d) Just general smoothness. There weren't any major flashes or anything bad like that, but it just lacks the feeling of smoothness. Look up videos of Jean Pierre Vallerino if you can (I believe there is a nice one on YouTube) for a slightly exaggerated example. He is definitely on the more elaborate side of things, and you don't have to go to that extreme - but he oozes smoothness.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Thank you Prae. The control does need that smoothness. I think in that particular situation, the deck was being stubborn. Yeah, I'll definitely work on that. Smoothness is one thing to consider, but this is just a video demonstrating the sleights. Thanks for the feedback though, I'll keep all that in mind.

Ian

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
I would repeat everything Prae said. Especially the angle jog. That was just bad. Like Prae said, it should be one smooth motion. Also, your thumb should prevent the card from sticking out that far. You definitely don't want the audience to see that edge, or they will know what you did.

Also, on the Orbit control, just try to smoothen it out a bit more. The hands were together for a bit too long. Just try to make it like Chris' control. Smooth and fast. If the hands are together too long, people will get suspicious.

Overall, much nicer than previous videos. Very nice. Just work on overall smoothness.

Cheers

Jul 13, 2008
Yeah the angle jog wasn't good, and the replacement of the card during the clipshift wasn't really fast enough, but you're getting better! Just keep practicing. I suggest you pick better music for your videos, though. lol

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results