Be Lifted

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Andy,

First off, I liked it. Having you considered moving your hand while you make the card rise to hide finger movement?

Also, closing the deck after inserting the card needs a little bit of work, your left hand does a little dance, then stays there while your right hand hesitates and fumbles at the back, before your left hand moves away again. Now, from the moment you close the deck, it is already square. So, by the time your left hand reaches the deck to apparently "square up" the deck, not only is it already square, but your fingers are clearly trying to square up the already squared deck, do you follow? That action was a little weak and not particularly convincing, as was the fact that the left hand then does nothing by sitting at the front of the deck while your right hand looks sus.

Keep it up though, good work.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
@ Sleight_of_Hand:
"suss"?

@ Andy:
It's really nice, and I doubt too many laymen would notice it- but as praetoritevong suggested, work on hiding the finger movement. Also, if you can get it to rise a bit higher, that would be better. But great job!

Good luck,
Ben

P.S.- Is this based off of Kenner's Schwing?

Sep 1, 2007
Florida
@ Sleight_of_Hand:
"suss"?

@ Andy:
It's really nice, and I doubt too many laymen would notice it- but as praetoritevong suggested, work on hiding the finger movement. Also, if you can get it to rise a bit higher, that would be better. But great job!

Good luck,
Ben

P.S.- Is this based off of Kenner's Schwing?

Actually it's more based off of Daniel Garcia's "Motion". although when me and a freind of mine discovered the basic principle neither of us knew that. I have modified this off of the original effect we discovered. I might make a video of the original rise as well.

Sep 20, 2007
I hate to be the one to say this, but this is nothing new.:(

I have have performed that same trick for a while now. It is an old utility move and can be used for many things. I will post more on the move as soon as I can find my book.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results