Be Ultra Careful

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
Maybe he was just perfecting his card-to-spectator's-wallet ? But unless he was planning to show you a magic trick afterwards, I'm affraid his attempt to pickpocket you has nothing to do with magic, at least the way you presented it.

Aug 31, 2007
I wear my wallet on a chain, and I'm OCD, so I check all of my pockets everytime I stand up.

That is actually not a good thing... the chain is good, but pickpockets look for people to check their own wallets. It makes their job easier as they now know exactly where all your stuff is.

liquidsn

Tony Chang / Creator, Be Kind Change, DVR, The Uni
Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
you could have a fire wallet and lite it in their face. i'm sure they would be pretty scared. But maybe they have a water wallet to counter your fire wallet.... hmm... don't know how to deal with that.

I am 35.

Former US Army Tank Gunner (During Desert Storm)

I know Martial Arts.

I carry my wallet on the outside of my back pocket with duck tape and a $100 sticking out.

Just try and grab it. I will show you a disappearing act.

lol

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
i would say guys never pat down your pockets you are showing the potential pick pocketer where your valubles are. it was on the real hustle (great show has a magician on it r.p.wilson)

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
A lot of pickpocketers don't use the same forms of misdirection as magicians do. A lot of their misdirection is circumstantial, and is hard to apply to magic.

Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Hmm.. Well I woulda turned around and punched the guy in the face or something. But I have a super short temper and no tollerance for that kind of stuff soooo... lol...

Sep 2, 2007
O.K. I was watching 'The real hustle' yesterday (Brittish T.V. show. My friend has all of season two) and it teaches you how to not get hustled. Of course...it also teaches you TO hustle, but thats not the aim of the show. ANYWAYS if you're in a busy area and someone pushes you/bumps into you hard. don't pat your pocket! actually take it out! The reason is, is becaqyuse they can switch it for a piece pof nespaper the same size.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
You would have to avoid putting it in your back, front and shirt pockets as a good pickpocket could quite easily get to them.
Also as some said earlier... it's a bad idea to keep checking yourself as your basically yelling out "hey my wallets in my back pocket... and my house keys in my front!", not a good thing.
Also checking by feel is also bad as as soon as they know you check that way they can take it without you being any the wiser, and you wouldn't know till you actually remove your wallet.

Sep 2, 2007
Actually the front pocket is best. With something else of course. I think that the bast thing is :Newspaper folded just like a wallet in your back pocket, wallet in your front pants pocket, and lastly cards on top of the wallet.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results