Best Close Up Pads

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
You need to ask yourself a few questions first before dumping money into an expensive close up pad. You can get a cheap pad for around $15.00 that does the job or you can spend upwards of $300 for an elegant close up pad, with built in coin slots, a nice base on it, etc.

1.) Portability. Are you going to want to roll / fold the close up pad and tuck it into a case or how do you want to transport it to and from gigs? Also...are you planning on strolling with it or not? (9 times out of 10 you are not going to table hop or stroll with a close up pad)
2.) Can you clean it? Many times food, drinks, flash paper, etc. get accidentally tossed onto your pad even though you tried your best to
prevent it. Trust me it happens to the best of us.
3.) Price range?
4.) Color and material of the pad?
5.) Would you consider making your own by going to the craft store and purchasing a small piece of felt, foam and a small piece or wood? It's not as hard to put together as you think.

If you can answer a few of these questions I'm sure some of us can point you in the right direction.

Djordje

Elite Member
Dec 3, 2012
You need to ask yourself a few questions first before dumping money into an expensive close up pad. You can get a cheap pad for around $15.00 that does the job or you can spend upwards of $300 for an elegant close up pad, with built in coin slots, a nice base on it, etc.

1.) Portability. Are you going to want to roll / fold the close up pad and tuck it into a case or how do you want to transport it to and from gigs? Also...are you planning on strolling with it or not? (9 times out of 10 you are not going to table hop or stroll with a close up pad)
2.) Can you clean it? Many times food, drinks, flash paper, etc. get accidentally tossed onto your pad even though you tried your best to
prevent it. Trust me it happens to the best of us.
3.) Price range?
4.) Color and material of the pad?
5.) Would you consider making your own by going to the craft store and purchasing a small piece of felt, foam and a small piece or wood? It's not as hard to put together as you think.

If you can answer a few of these questions I'm sure some of us can point you in the right direction.
I would like a pad that can be rolled up and that can be cleaned, color black.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results