Best effect for $50.00 and under?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daCardist, Aug 9, 2015.

1. I'm looking for the best effect that i can get for the budget of $50. Thanks in advance guys!

2. What kind of magic do you like? Card magic, mentalism, parlour, stage, coin magic? What kind of magic do you have already? Would you be interested in multi trick DVDs or books?

3. i'm not really a fan of stage magic. probably, something that i can do on the streets.

4. Are you looking for one trick? Or multiple effects? What do you own already?

5. Break, could definitely be performed on the streets, perhaps you could look into that.

6. It really doesn't matter if it's a single trick or multiple. I own a lot of stuff. But mostly books. Although I did bought a few effects online. Mostly card tricks (counterfeit by wayne houchin, card to bottle by laura london etc.) but it doesn't matter if you suggest things that are not related to cards. i'm looking for an effect that will get great reactions. The best that I can get for $50

7. Thanks! i'll look into that

8. Revolution by Gregory Wilson!

9. Sub Rosa. A utility rather than an effect, but what you can do with it will get great reactions.

10. I have a couple suggestions for street effects. Both are Tenyo Magic:

Security Lock

The Third Eye

11. I really enjoyed "The Bold project" by Justin Miller.

12. The problem with your request is that you will find everyone will say their favorite requests... which may or may not work for you. So a couple of options:

1. Get Paul Harris's Art of Astonishment, Volume 1. For $33 you will have a ton of amazing effects... one of which you will think is the best.

2. Get Wayne Houchin's Art of Magic. French Kiss, Carbon Copy, Twisting the Aces and Ring and String -- All great effects. Plus, the DVD is great fun to watch.

3. Get a subscription to Genii. For $35 per year, you get electronic access to 75+ years of back issues where you can find a lifetime worth of great magic.

ChrisWiens and Lyle Borders like this.
  13. While it will get good reactions, Sub Rosa is easier to perform tabled. It may be a little harder to pull off on the streets.

14. My favorites: On the spot by Gregory wilson is fantastic. As well I've gotten a lot of mileage out of Stigmata.

However if you want to really have something visual I would be remiss to not recommend Cointum-leap ;p

Brett Hurley likes this.
  15. Shameless self promotion... :p

16. Cointum-leap is like filling a 10 gallon hat with 20 gallons of awesomeness!

Justin.Morris likes this.
  17. So ridiculously shameless... :(

18. Thanks for the reply guys! i'll definitely check each one out.

19. I would recommend any of Paul Harris' Art of Astonishment books, I firmly believe that any magician worth their salt will find something helpful in any of those volumes.