Best Impromptu, Easy To Carry Coin Vanish Gimmick For Non-Professionals)?

Sep 22, 2022
What's the best easy to use, easy to setup (something you can keep in your pocket everyday & can do impromptu ), coin vanish gimmick?

I was looking at getting The Raven, but with it being a pull device, it's not an ideal everyday carry device. Also, ideally looking for something that doesn't require sleights.

I'm not a professional by any means. Just looking for something I can do for my kids, family, etc.

Thanks so much in advance!

Jonathan

P.S. I'm learning sleight of hand, coin vanishes but I suck at them. :) I know it will take time, but wanting an easy to carry gimmick that does that work for me in the meantime.

Jan 2, 2016
California
So, I'm going to be "that magician."

Learn the sleight of hand. Get Bobo. Check out http://www.coinvanish.com/foundations.html. Hit me up in PMs and I'm glad to work with you on a French Drop and Retention Vanish.

This. There's actually quite a few fairly easy coin vanishes out there. Plus, you can sometimes do them with any small object. Also, a lot of coin vanish gimmicks do require a bit of sleight of hand to use.

Also, technically it's not truly impromptu if you have to carry a gimmick.

But you did ask for gimmicks so:
- As you mentioned, the Raven is a pretty good one. The vanish looks pretty impossible.
- I recently picked up Catch which is a bit knacky. But, if you wear a watch, it lets you pretty cleanly vanish any coin smaller than a US Quarter.
- A PK ring will do almost the same thing as a Raven except you don't end as clean and they tend to "talk". On the plus side, it's a bit easier and more practical to carry around. They're pretty versatile too.
- I personally don't like this gimmick that much but I have a friend who swears by his Black Ops Watch from Ellusionist

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results