Best magic convention ever... this past weekend

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
This past weekend was the 18th Battle of Magicians in Canton, Ohio. It is only the 2nd year I have attended but look at the list of people I met, talked to, and watched perform. It was amazing.

1.) Kevin James
2.) Arthur Trace
3.) Ken Groves
4.) Marc Oberon
5.) Justin Miller
6.) B. Smith
7.) Martin Lewis

and I left off a few others.
It was a 3 day event with lectures, dealers, contests, etc. Outstanding!!!!!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Dude, there is no way I could pick between that list but I will say that Kevin James is by far the nicest, down to earth guy who answered everyone's questions during his lecture, shared many of his secrets to his effects, and really stood out.

Arthur Trace and Marc Oberon were both the best manipulation guys I have seen to date. Arthur Trace was outstanding with coins, balls, rope, bells, just about anything he had in his hands.

Oberon had a deck of cards (gimmicked) that he sells on his site that he could locate any card within seconds and reveal it in about 20 different ways. I won't tell how the deck was gimmicked but it was ingenius.

Justin and B. Smith didn't perform or lecture but were promoting their new material and giving out sweet deals that nobody could match on their DVD's. A few of my friends bought Captured and Autograph on the last day of the convention for 10 bucks each I believe. Unreal......They both were very nice and happy to talk to anyone. Very cool guys who have a passion for what they do.

Martin Lewis is in a league of his own. He is right up there with Kevin. Some of his effects were unbelievable.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results