Bicycle Haunted Deck gaffed by Murphy's Magic

Oct 4, 2022
Has anyone used this deck? It comes without instructions, seems difficult to insert selected cards into it in such a way that the gimmick will be 'loaded' and ready to do its thing with the inserted cards; I cannot even get the deck to close after inserting them. They insert only halfway. I have seen a video (Haunted Deck Bicycle Card Trick) which makes it look like cards can be inserted from the right, then left, then top, then easily make them do their thing, but it is not working for me. The one or two comments at Penguin claim it is so simple it doesn't need instructions but those of us with a two-digit IQ and/or inadequate caffeine in the early morning apparently do need them. My first impression is that it looks like it might be a POS product.

I realize there are many other products and methods, and of course recommendations on which to try are welcome, but my primary question here is HOW to get THIS particular one to work.

Oct 4, 2022
Ok, got it figured out. The gimmick has no 'give' so in advance you have to go commando (unbox), do a full Sharon Stone then close up to artificially create 'give' (which info is carefully worded such that I don't think it's overly, er, revealing). After that your basic instinct will guide you to complete your set up, then invoke nearby spirits (a nice cognac will do), with attention to angles. Performing at the edge of a table is recommended. They could and should have provided some simple instructions on the setup IMO.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results