Blue Wynns Review

Sep 2, 2007
La Crescenta, CA
Another card review, this time on the blue Wynns I bought in bulk on eBay.

Box: Standard Bee Playing Card box, this time with a clear back so you can see the backs of the cards when you place them into the box. 9/10

Card Back Design: I don't know why everyone calls them blue when they're VIOLET. But the back is very simple and elegant, I like the solid color design. 10/10

Ace of Spades: Meh, standard Bee AoS. Nothing special. 7/10

Jokers: Again, the standard Bee jokers. 7/10

Card Faces / Court Cards: The colors are all standard, except the reds have faded into a burgundy color from the bright red on many other playing cards, including red pips on E playing cards. Don't like it much. 8/10

Stock: JUST SLIGHTLY thinner than an Ellusionist deck, I'd say about the width of 1 normal Bicycle card thinner. STIFF AS WOOD until you break them in. But I like :) 10/10

Fanning: ...they clump right out of the box. Ugh. I broke them in and they fan much better, but still... At least they ribbon spread pretty well. 8/10

XCM: WOW. That's all I can say. They stay together for cuts so well, it's like someone placed double-stick tape between the cards while I wasn't looking. I have to give extra points for this, it's that good. 12/10

TOTAL: 71 / 80 = 89%

Handling is everything on this deck. If you're into magic, NOT FOR YOU. But these cards are like a flourisher's dream come true - if you only show those elegant backs, these cards will look and feel like they're dancing in your hands.

And they're VIOLET, not BLUE.

Can you compare them to the Brown by any chance? Nice review though, nice and succinct.

I have 84 Decks of these en route (24 from Dan and Dave, 60 from eBay), so I'm kinda hoping they are good, just saves the hassle of reselling them :) The sad thing is, they cost me around the same price as some people have paid for a deck of Jerry's Nuggets...

Anyway, If people still want to buy these, try a store called AceKing on eBay, or Kardwell.com both are selling at normal prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't help it, I'm an impulse buyer :p I've also totally hijacked this thread with bragging about buying obscene amounts of cards :p Hopefully mine arrive soon so I can add something constructive to this thread by checking thew validity of the review :)

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I couldn't help it, I'm an impulse buyer :p I've also totally hijacked this thread with bragging about buying obscene amounts of cards :p Hopefully mine arrive soon so I can add something constructive to this thread by checking thew validity of the review :)

Hey, is there any way You could take a picture of all of them. It would be cool.

Sep 1, 2007
Surrey.U.K
Nice review I agree with all points 100%. I've just broken in a deck and they do fan better but not perfectly. Has anyone powdered a deck as I don't normally use powder but I would like to know how much difference it makes to these cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results