Book Problem

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
I recently bought the paper engine by aaron fisher and could not understand a single thing out of the book. I never have problems of comprehension thru books. For some reason I just cant read past the first three pages.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
ummm why? I would like to assume that I speak it better than any other language?

International forums, he was just wondering if it was your first language.

What other books have you read and comprehended? I don't have the paper engine so I can't help translate, but maybe the writing style just doesn't compute in your brain.

I can't read some fiction because of the way it's written. I understand it, but it doesn't compute for me.

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
Ah I see. Ive read Royal Road, 13 Steps to Mentalism, and alot more. I guess it's just the writing style. And it sucks because I love the material thats in the book.

Sep 3, 2007
Ah I see. Ive read Royal Road, 13 Steps to Mentalism, and alot more. I guess it's just the writing style. And it sucks because I love the material thats in the book.

I don't own paper engine but Fisher seems to be pretty prolific from what I've seen on tape. I would think he wrote the text to suit you (us). I'd just go over it a few times and I'm sure you'll pick it up.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
You're not being very clear. What about it is making you not able to get past three pages? I found his style to be clear and concise, myself.

May 3, 2008
You read and understood 13 Steps? If you understood that, then I would think you would have no problem with Fisher's book. 13 Steps is great, but honestly, it was the most boring book I've ever read and hardest magic book I tried comprehending.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
13 Steps is great, but honestly, it was the most boring book I've ever read and hardest magic book I tried comprehending.
You’re all over the place.
First you say it’s great, then the most boring, then the hardest. Your not helping.

May 3, 2008
You’re all over the place.
First you say it’s great, then the most boring, then the hardest. Your not helping.

Entertainment value has nothing to do with content. There is a lot of stuff to be learned from it and worth its weight in gold. It took me a VERY long time to get through even the first chapter, but perseverance helped which i think is the case with anything that may be difficult to comprehend. Hope that clarifies my point. Didn't mean to cause any confusion.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
I agree with you on that and it also seems one would have a more difficult time understanding Corinda than Fisher.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2008
When I read books, I bookmark all of the items within it that interest me and seem like I would want to learn. Then I go through each item one at a time with cards in hand and follow along, making sure not to go to the next step until I fully understood the last one. It's basically patience; take your time and don't rush anything. I think it also helps to have a notebook and take notes as well. I've done this a few times and it's helped me tremendously.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results