Brainstorming for Instagram video (need a one-handed card vanish)

Nicholas17

Elite Member
May 28, 2008
Kentucky
I ocassionally like to post brief card moves or tricks on my Instagram account, but what I can do is limited by the fact that I have to hold my phone to film.

I had an idea for a quick, fun video to post, but I need a way to make a card vanish with one hand (with or without the rest of the deck). I just HATE the back palm and would like an alternative.

My skill is probably intermediate-advanced, but like I said, I'm limited by my phone. Any ideas?

Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
Frankly, if you're looking to get into card manipulation, you're gonna have to learn to love the backpalm...
I still film videos with my phone every now and then and it isn't too hard to prop it up against something or stack some books to elevate it.

Apr 18, 2016
USA
If you're not going to gimmick, or gaff a card, the back palm is your best bet. Or you could come up with some elastic contraption and utilize your sleeve. Or you could have someone help you film it. Incidentally, I also prop up my phone on books or whatever when I need to film myself.

Book

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Clip a reel to the back of your shirt and then grab the card with it. When you let go the card will shoot behind you and just hang there lol

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results