Brief intro

Nov 30, 2016
I hope nobody minds, but I didn't see a section for intros, and I like to be polite :) I hope nobody also minds if I'm a little lazy, and just copy and paste my posts from another forum!
Hi, guys, I'm Joel, I've been doing magic since about the age of 7 or 8. My dad introduced me, and used to take us to Davenport and IMS as kids, on days out in London.

Anyway, I'm 34 now, and while I don't perform much (although I proposed to my wife with a pretty decent card trick), I'm starting to get the bug again, and I'm really into innovations and designing new tricks.

As I'm an orthodox Jew, I've used this as my 'theme' for some routines and acts I'm putting together, but I'm still in love with card effects.

So, in a nutshell, that's it. Unless there are any questions? ;)

Joel

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I hope nobody minds, but I didn't see a section for intros, and I like to be polite :) I hope nobody also minds if I'm a little lazy, and just copy and paste my posts from another forum!
Hi, guys, I'm Joel, I've been doing magic since about the age of 7 or 8. My dad introduced me, and used to take us to Davenport and IMS as kids, on days out in London.

Anyway, I'm 34 now, and while I don't perform much (although I proposed to my wife with a pretty decent card trick), I'm starting to get the bug again, and I'm really into innovations and designing new tricks.

As I'm an orthodox Jew, I've used this as my 'theme' for some routines and acts I'm putting together, but I'm still in love with card effects.

So, in a nutshell, that's it. Unless there are any questions? ;)

Joel

I'm part Jew too on my fathers side. I am not sure weather they are orthodox or Zionist or what?? They have too many sects to keep track of. Athough I grew up in a Christian household, I would like to practice Judaism one day on the side(although from what I heard it's not a side kind of thing:)) ...I don't know too much about it but hope to learn. My passion however is Card Magic,,Always been intrigued by the Orthodox Jews back in Union City, New Jersey, I liked how they kept to themselves and never bothered anybody. So with that being said welcome aboard. And Shalom, Mazel Taf, Peace!!

Mar 8, 2016
Yo, my wife is Jewish but doesn't celebrate the religion. I guess that makes me half Jewish. I've been around a while as 'sirfansalot'. I'm okay with cards and coins and most other stuff (just average). Hit me up if you need any help or advice.

Aug 4, 2015
I think my grandparents were Jewish, even though I grew up in a Christian household as well. I guess that makes us part masonic Jew?? We celebrate some festivals, though, like Satyr and all that.

Well, anyways, glad to have you on the forums! We're pretty chill about a lot of stuff as long as people "mind their manners" so to speak.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results